Frontier Communications SPCLST, TRAINING - Charleston, WV in CHARLESTON, West Virginia
Summary of Position:
The Plant Instructor will master and deliver training curriculum for the Plant Service Center function – the key area of expertise will basic and complex plant assignment. Candidate will be responsible for delivery of new-hire training classes that may exceed two month durations and also be capable of delivering targeted trainings of shorter intervals. At times, this instructor may deliver training in other plant service center areas such as dispatch, repair, and test board. The plant instructor is responsible for scheduling and coordinating all class instances and conducting student performance evaluations when necessary. They will make use of multiple class delivery methods including instructor-led and virtual webinars.
List the major job responsibilities in order of importance for which this job is held accountable.
% of time
Delivery of complete assignment curriculum for plant service center personnel who are “new to role”
Delivery of process/procedure training classes to existing plant service center personnel
Perform student follow up activities to ensure trainee success.
Become a Subject Matter Expert prior to class development and delivery by researching new product/service technology, then investigating system and process changes necessary for support. Develop and exercise cross functional relationships with other groups to ensure new product and service success.
Coordinate, schedule, and appropriately log all training related activities
Note: Actual percentage allocated to above tasks could vary based upon business requirements
*Kind and length of experience:*
- 5-10 years’ experience working in a telecommunications operations environment. Previous experience working on system/application training & development teams within the telecommunications sector.
- Previous training experience strongly desired.
- In depth experience with plant operations systems and equipment such as:
- Facility Assignment – Fiber and Copper
- Central Office Switch Programming
- DSLAM Provisioning
- DPI Billing System
- Viryanet Dispatch System
- Metasolv M6 application
- Centrex and ISDN technology and switch provisioning specifics
- Hi Capacity Circuit facility assignment procedures
- POTS, HSI, and circuit testing experience and expertise
Special Skills (e.g., strong organizational skills, proficiency on specific software):
- Strong communication skills are required
- Ability to professionally present training material to general and/or executive audiences.
- Computer literate, excellent writing and technical document design abilities, including a strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and demands in a fast paced environment.
- Strong customer orientation with a focus on results.
- Significant training and development experience
Education, certification and/or license requirements:
AAS degree or equivalent work experience
Physical Requirements (e., extended periods of sitting, bending, stooping, standing, walking or driving; frequency of lifting or carrying heavy objects - specify required weight; required communication skills - verbal/auditory):
- This position requires travel within the US (Typically 25% of time, at times as high as 40%) An active driver’s license is required for travel.
- Candidate may be required to stand for up to 7 hours/day during classes that could be 5 days in length.
- Capable of lifting and moving projection equipment and training supplies up to 50 lbs.
Environmental Factors (e.g., ability to work in extreme heat/cold, ability to work at heights over 15 feet, ability to work 3rd shift, ability to work weekends/on-call)
Frontier is an Equal Employment Opportunity Company and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, citizenship status, disability, disabled veteran status, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, Vietnam-era veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Location: CHARLESTON, West Virginia, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 319082-798