Bank of America Corporate Operational Risk Specialist – Risk Appetite and KRI Program in Charlotte, North Carolina
This role will serve as program support for the Risk Appetite and Key Risk Indicator (KRI) Program for Corporate Operational Risk (COR). This includes monthly capture/collection, production, distribution, and control activities for all operational risk metrics. There are 3 primary operational risk metric types governed by COR: Risk Appetite, Key Risk Indicators, and Subsidiary Governance (Tier 1 & 2 Legal Entities). Within these categories are numerous individual instances for which the above activities need to be facilitated. The metric types have similar processes but, have varying audiences, stakeholders, and frequencies. Additionally, this role will support the annual limit setting and metric set-up processes, as well as assist with required activities to support oversight exams/reviews/RFIs from Program Adherence, Corp Audit, and Regulatory agencies. This role will also serve as secondary Point of Contact and aid in maintaining the system of record (Technology platform/application). This may include, but not be limited to, user community questions, bug fixes, small enhancements, specialized/ad-hoc reporting, UAT testing, and training.
Job Requirements/Required skills
• 3+ years in financial services, risk management, and compliance, of which at least 1 year must include direct experience in operational risk management (exposure to operational risk management concepts and practices)
• Experience defining and implementing policy and regulatory requirements
• Proven ability to work across multiple stakeholder teams to achieve common goals
• Experience and ability to effectively present verbally and orally, including to key executives and regulators when warranted
• Strong ability to multi-task and work to established timelines and due dates
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in microsoft office tools
• Ability to identify issues, create and execute control plans.
• Relationship management skills and ability to interface confidently with associates of all levels, including senior executives
• Direct exposure to Operational Risk metric processes and requirements
• Experience in working in a matrix environment, as well as complex. Ability to understand the implications and relationships between legal entity structures, reporting hierarchy structures, and geographic alignments
• Regulatory or Audit Experience
• Experience with technology reporting tools and applications (vendor based)
Enterprise Role Overview:
Executes processes in support of COR's accountabilities within the Operational Risk Management Framework. Contributes to the ongoing improvements in standards and procedures. Analyzes and aggregates data to identify key operational risk trends and information for the Enterprise Operational Risk Profile. Assesses implementation of standards and reports gaps to management. Acts as an ambassador of the risk culture. May provide guidance and training to more junior staff. Incumbents typically have 5+ years of risk management experience.
Posting Date : 05/18/2017
Location : US-NC-Charlotte, US-NC-Charlotte
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.