Bank of America Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst in Charlotte, North Carolina
The Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) Triage Analyst serves as a liaison between CTI and Cyber Security Operations (CSO), triaging cyber threat intelligence-related reporting/tasks, communicating updates on breaking situations to Operations Leadership and engaging control owners. Triage Analysts prepare intelligence updates and analysis on indicators and warning, and serve as the CTI’s focal point for situational awareness within the Cyber Threat Operations Center (CTOC).
Required job Skills:
• Work in a tactical/technical role reviewing and cultivating intelligence sources, analyzing information, creating intelligence, and hunting for exposures or related incidents.
• Participate with other triage analysts in a follow-the-sun model to provide consistent support for Cyber Security Operations.
• Contribute to daily internal stand-up calls, contribute to intelligence briefings for CSO leadership.
• Work within the CTOC communicating with internal teams and minimizing response times for critical events.
• Operate as part of a team of triage analysts responsible for collecting, assessing, and prioritizing threats, and then communicating that assessment in a manner that accurately conveys urgency, severity, and credibility.
• Identify, escalate and debate recommended actions that strengthen controls.
• Operate within an established Escalation Matrix to determine report priority and messaging to operations and senior executives throughout GIS and the lines of business, and escalate issues to control teams and management in a timely manner with appropriate information regarding risk and impact.
• Continually and consistently review triage processes to identify reforms that could add to increased speed, efficiency and accuracy in reporting.
• Ensure immediate notifications are followed by in-depth coordination and collaboration with control owners and appropriate business partners and lines of business.
• Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Participate in technical bridge lines to facilitate the identification, mitigation and containment of cyber-security incidents.
Desired Job Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher-level education
• Technical or information security certifications are a strong plus.
• 1+ years experience in information security
• 1+ years working in a 24x5 operational environment
• Experience working in a Security Operations, Incident Management or Fusion Center operation
Posting Date : 09/14/2017
Location : US-NC-Charlotte
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.