Bank of America Regulatory Engagement & Exam Specialist in Charlotte, North Carolina
The Exam Management Specialist will work with the Relationship Managers and Exam Managers to execute responsibilities. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
Plan and handlelogistics for regulatory exams, routines and meetings
Record, track and respond/help respond to regulatory inquiries
Prepare debriefs/recaps of regulatory exams/routines/meetings
Capture,documentin GRIP and track to completion all follow-up actions from exams/routines/meetings and ensure owners are assigned
Documentexam updates in GRIP
Help Exam Managers and Relationship Managers prepareexecutive-level briefing materials forregulatory meetings
Assistthe relationship managers and exam managers in producingregulatory team input into board,committee andother reportsCreate and maintain contacts, profiles and bios for regulators
Help updatelist of regulatory contacts and stay abreast of agency/local exam leadership changes
In addition, the exam management specialist will manage small-scale and branch exams in accordance with exam management protocols and procedures. Manage quarterly regulatory routines as assigned.
Knowledgeable of Bank of America’s business lines, operations, organizationalstructure, senior executives, etc.
At least 3 – 5years' experience in planning and supportinglarge-scale projects and/or regulatory or counterparty exams
Bachelor's degree required
4+ years’ experience working in the financial industry
Strong project management skills; attention to detail; ability to drive projects to conclusion
Excellent organizational skills, abilityto prioritize daily tasks with project work as well as ad hoc requests
Preferably, soundunderstanding of financial regulatory agencies and regulatory oversightand supervision
Some knowledgeable of exam management process, preferably
Good verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
Good analytical skills
Ability to work under pressure, calmly within tight deadlines and escalate appropriately
Able to develop and maintain good working relationships
Self-starter, motivated and reliable; ability to work well and seamlessly within a team without a continuous high level of guidance
Proficiency in using MS Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint
Enterprise Role Overview
The Regulatory Engagement & Exam Management Specialist supports exam managers who hold primary accountability for the examination execution and provide leadership and guidance to business leaders on exams, inquiries and other interactions. Participates in the following activities at the direction of the executive or manager:
• Assists in managing regulatory exams for a line of business or function.
• Can assist exam manager through the phases outlined in the Bank of America Regulatory Exam Management Standards.
• Contributes to a readiness assessment (if advance notice of the exam is received and if practical) of the end to end process being examined to identify any control gaps or weaknesses, potential issues and potential emerging risks. Readiness assessment includes:
• Review of regulatory handbooks/standard testing questions (e.g., OCC Exam Handbooks, FFIEC Handbook, CFPB Exam Manual).
• Review of any recent regulatory guidance or regulatory changes issued.
• Review of any open and closed issues arising from past regulatory exams, internal audits, credit reviews or self-identified issues.
• Assists with responses to regulatory inquiries.
Ongoing Supervision Meetings
• Assists in planning and coordinating ongoing supervision meetings with regulators, including meetings with Front Line Unit (FL) or Control Function (CF) Executives.
• Can assist exam manager in providing active oversight of the tollgate process meetings.
Regulatory Activity Tracking, Reporting and Escalation
• Assists exam manager in escalating any regulator concerns, emerging themes or issues.
• Contributes to effective reporting and communication routines to achieve enterprise understanding of key issues
TO BE USED IN GLOBAL COMPLIANCE ONLY: The Regulatory Engagement & Exam Management Specialist supports exam managers who hold primary accountability for the examination execution and provide leadership and guidance to business leaders on exams, inquiries and other interactions. Participates in the following activities at the direction of the executive or manager: Exam management; regulatory inquiries; ongoing supervision meetings; regulatory responses; and regulatory activity tracking reporting, and escalation.
Posting Date : 10/12/2017
Charlotte, NC, BANK OF AMERICA CORPORATE CENTER, 100 N TRYON ST,
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.