HCA, Hospital Corporation of America HVAC Technician III in Chattanooga, Tennessee
_Parkridge Medical Center – Chattanooga, TN_
Parkridge Medical Center has served the community for nearly 40 years. Over the years, we have built a reputation for advanced technology and compassionate care, making us a hospital of choice for patients seeking quality treatment in the community. From our comprehensive cardiac services program to orthopaedics and oncology care at The Sarah Cannon Cancer Center at Parkridge, we are proud to be one of Chattanooga’s best hospitals for healing. Parkridge Medical Center was the first hospital in the area to offer robotic surgery, and features the area’s most knowledgeable and experienced robotic surgery team. The Parkridge Medical Center Emergency Department is an Accredited Chest Pain Center, making it a natural choice for those suffering from cardiovascular events when every minute matters.
Parkridge *is currently looking for a *HVAC Technician III (Full-Time).
- Performs skilled, independent repairs to facility and equipment
- Performs preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance on air handlers, fan coil units, refrigerators, freezers, ice machines, water fountains, and other HVAC equipment as assigned.
- Changes out filters throughout facility as required by pressure drop across the filters and on a regular basis for filters, which do not have a monometer.
- Access needs and orders needed repair and replacement parts.
- Has a working knowledge of power hand tools.
- Has a working knowledge of the Environment of Care Standards as outlined by The Joint Commission.
- Has a working understanding of the principles of electricity, i.e. voltage resistance and current.
- Performs tests on various systems in the hospital.
- Has a general knowledge of machine shop and tool room functions.
- Assist Department Manager with special projects.
- Assist Department manager with training & in-service of engineering personnel.
- Assist Department manager with operational and capital budgets and equipment acquisitions.
- Assist Department manager to assure completion and maintenance program on building equipment and ground.
- Has a working knowledge and practices enforcement of all federal, state, and local codes and standards.
- Assists Department director in providing new employees orientation and assist with staff development.
- Serves on committees/workgroups as assigned.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
_Job Specific Expectations_ * Performs Preventive Maintenance on hospital equipment and systems in accordance with established procedures and timetables. o Electrical o Mechanical/HVAC o Plumbing o Medical Gas o Fuel o Other * Performs Corrective Maintenance in a timely manner with no recalls. * Performs tests and inspections on various equipment and systems. * Assesses needs and orders spare and replacement parts. * Has a working knowledge of the principles of electricity, i.e. voltage, resistance, and current. * Proactively identifies and performs needed repairs to buildings, equipment, and systems. * Conducts daily rounds as assigned, log equipment readings, makes indicated adjustments and/or creates work request for major repairs. * Completes paperwork on a daily basis and returns to Service Coordinator.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Trade School preferred
- Experience: 5 years
- Driver’s License required
- EPA Licenses or must be able to obtain them within 6 months of date of hire
Job: *Facilities Mgmt Plant Ops & Security
Title: HVAC Technician III
Location: Tennessee-Chattanooga-Parkridge Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00031-12791