Comcast Analyst, Finance, Chelmsford, MA in Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for providing business performance analysis, reporting, and forecasting. Provides a variety of financial data; maintains and updates financial models and plans. Provides financial analysis and projections to all levels within the organization in support of functional business objectives. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Provides budget, forecast, and variance analysis and related reports as needed.
- Conducts financial research, analyzes financial performance against objectives, and determines emerging financial trends.
- Provides rationale behind reports and analysis and relays them in simple terms.
- Creates and maintains statistical/financial databases and reports. Runs appropriate weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
- Interacts as team member and sets the pace for the Financial Analysts team. Interfaces with other department member on special projects or on an as-needed basis.
- Performs additional Business Operations duties and tasks as required.
- Individual will be responsible for month-end close process for Sales & Marketing
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent,-Finance or Accounting
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with limited direction
- Ability to work well individually as well as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills, sense of urgency, attention to detail
- Understanding of SQL reporting tools and relational databases preferred
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase/SmartView preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required
- Strong financial modeling skills/experience preferred
- Exposure to audit function preferred
- Experience supporting Sales & Marketing preferred
- Sales commission/understanding of variable compensation plans preferred
- Accounting experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to dynamic business requirements, expectations, and deadlines
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer