Penske Administrative Assistant in Chesterfield, Michigan
Penske Logistics is looking for a high-energy Administrative Assistant to join our team in Chesterfield, Michigan! Our Associates enjoy great benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, 401K and numerous Associate discounts from hundreds of retailers!
The primary duties of the Administrative Assistant are to maintain records, create reports and do general office functions for their various departments within a warehouse environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Input data into various databases, spreadsheets or other documents needed by various departments including human resources, operations, safety, payroll and accounts payable.
· Create Excel spreadsheets to carry out functions of jobs to include formulas and pivot tables.
· Filing and maintaining records for department.
· Creating and/or maintaining reports on daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis as necessary.
· May attend meetings to keep records and minutes and prepare materials beforehand.
· Must be discreet and able to maintain confidentiality.
· May be required to learn duties of other positions in order to provide backup for extended absences as necessary.
· Other general office duties as assigned by Manager as they become necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
Strong Excel skills to include formulas and pivot tables.
Good working knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, spelling and style.
· Strong math skills.
· Exceptional communication skills .
· Should be able to accurately proofread and pay special attention to detail.
· Must have good knowledge of computers and ability to learn job specific software. Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook are specifically used.
· Should be proficient in creating spreadsheets to include formulas as necessary.
· Ability to accurately type 50wpm or more.
· May use adding machine or 10-key data entry.
· Must be able to operate general office equipment such as: copier, fax, scanner, laminator, and printer.
· Needs to be exceptionally organized and have knowledge of efficient office procedures.
· May be necessary to answer telephone and greet public in a friendly and courteous manner, take messages and transfer calls as appropriate.
· Must be able to multi-task and take direction from various department heads.
· High School diploma required. Associates or equivalent experience preferred.
· Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
· Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 26090 23 Mile Rd Chesterfield, MI
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Chesterfield
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Administrative
Req ID: 1709387