Comcast Agency Financial Product Manager in Chicago, Illinois
Engineering and Platform Services helps drive the new generation of products that are transforming Comcast into a media and technology company. Engineering manages the operations for Comcast's industry-leading video, high-speed Internet and voice services for consumers and businesses, and runs a network that supports numerous multi-billion dollar businesses.
Comcast Platform Services includes four companies owned by Comcast, namely FreeWheel, STRATA, Visible World and thePlatform, plus the Comcast Wholesale, Advanced Advertising, and Advertising Technology organizations. These companies are creating next-generation technology for the fast-growing advanced advertising market. They enable and innovate solutions to support both traditional and emerging programmatic and premium advertising markets through our platforms, data, marketplace and sales channels.
AGENCY FINANCIAL PRODUCT MANAGER
We are looking for a talented and analytical Product Manager to become part of a dynamic team driving the future success of our Media Platform for Agencies & Marketers. We work in a fast-paced environment and are seeking someone who is self-motivated, detail-oriented, and comfortable working in an agile team. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual with a passion for advertising technology and solving complex business and technical challenges.
On a day-to-day basis the Product Manager is expected to author product development specifications in an agile method typically writing user stories, do feature testing and contribute to the agile development team assigned to the PO to ensure that: questions are answered, deliverables are correct, and timelines are adhered to. The PM is required to work closely with all internal and external stakeholders during the development process to ensure the outcome meets the intended request. The PM is required to work closely with QA for product features including testing, bug identification and resolution. The PM is also expected to author release notes as well as end-user help documentation related to the product. The PM must demonstrate good analytical abilities, attention to detail, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s)
• Knowledge of the agency media billing and clearing workflow and/or software
• Knowledge of General Ledger systems workflow and financial reporting
• Build consensus on product priorities leading to execution and ability to quickly shift priorities and seamlessly adapt to change
• Drive product development with cross-functional engineering teams and designers.
• Integrate usability studies, research, and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction.
• Strong organization abilities; must possess the ability to work across multiple projects concurrently and maintain a high standard of quality
• Work with Business Development, Sales, Marketing, and Training teams to effectively launch, package, and market new products/features.
• Foster Teamwork:
• Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Work with Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Training, and Support teams to effectively launch, package, market and support our eBiz platform.
• Understanding of the media buying workflow
• Experience working with customers in gathering needs assessments and creating workflow analysis
• Experience with agile methodologies and tools
Minimum qualifications and requirements
• BA/BS in Communications and/or Marketing or related field.
• 2 years of experience with accounting systems or media advertising technology
• 1-2 years product management or direct experience in project management for Application Development projects
The Product Manager will have no supervisory responsibilities, but must function well within project teams, working with POs, other PMs, tech leads, and other team members. Comcast Job Code:
Working conditions are in agreement with conditions described within the company handbook unless explicitly noted in this document. The Product Manager will work within the company’s offices, based on hours agreed upon by their manager. Travel is may be required. Limited work during weekends is required for program rollouts.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer