Bank of America Python / .NET / Java Developer in Chicago, Illinois
Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees are expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Global Markets.
• Front Office Technology (FX) and software development, testing, deployment, and support of Pricing & Risk management applications using agile methodologies.
• Building out the Sales/Trader cockpit for FX to ensure compliance with MiFID II pre-trade regulations.
• Integration work with upstream systems executing trades into FX BAML infrastructure, as well as compulsory enhancements to meet MiFID II Pre-Trade and Post-Trade reporting requirements.
• Liaising with Regulatory and Trading COO team to understand requirements, create development plans, and implement changes across the FX technology stack.
• Function as part of a as part of a high performance team, working on high priority deliverables.
• Communicate effectively with various stakeholders across Technology and Trading, Compliance, Supervision, Risk, Operations, and other support partners.
• Well-founded experience in coding languages (examples include, but are not limited to, HTML5, Spark, Python, C++, Java, C#, .Net, Perl, and Scala).
• Strong Pricing and/or Risk Development background.
• A team player who can collaborate with any and all stakeholders.
• Superior interpersonal skills with ability to multi-task, prioritize, and operate in a high-pressure Front Office Trading environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
• Ability to design programmes of work, to manage tasks, to manage team members, and to deliver outstanding results.
Nice to have
• Financial and/or Mathematical background.
• Front Office experience, preferably in a FX or other Fixed Income or
• FX (+ Derivatives) product knowledge.
• An appreciation of the quantitative aspects of Fixed Income Trading and Risk Management.
• Experience of integrated Front Office Development environments (examples include, but are not limited to, Sec DB, Athena, Pioneer, and Quartz.)
Competencies we look for:
Drives Technology and Innovation Drives team and others to position the bank as a leader in technology and innovation.
Provocatively introduces new relevant technologies to teams and programs in the organization to facilitate broad, innovative advancements
Stays on top of technology and industry products in order to apply, predict, and innovate based on industry trends
Identifies, leverages, and rewards team members who contribute, suggest, or promote new technologies, systems, or approaches
Proactively identifies and removes barriers to technology change
Builds and maintains commitment of senior leaders and stakeholders to champion the adoption and sustainment of technology change Applies System Impact Analysis Understands how an existing problem or issue relates to the entire system, its components, and ties to both short and long-term implications.
Considers how the various parts of a system influence each other when making complex decisions
Analyzes problems within a system and forecast the effects, consequences and implications actions have on that whole system (i.e. downstream consequences, risk reward calculations)
Thinks systematically about issues, opportunities, up and downstream consequences, and alternatives when taking actions or solving problems Anticipates Future Technology Needs Demonstrates ability to predict future problems, risks, impacts, and/or opportunities in developing new products/processes.
When implementing a solution, predicts the risks the solution may pose
Recognizes opportunities for enhancements (improving efficiencies or effectiveness) in current systems (applications, infrastructure, etc.) and proactively takes action Adapts One's Own Skills/Abilities Assesses personal and technical abilities; identifies limitations and seeks assistance when situation requires.
Identifies and addresses personal strengths and development opportunities within the work environment
Requests feedback on successes and opportunities regard
Posting Date : 05/19/2017
Location : US-IL-Chicago
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Weekly Schedule : S026985
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.