Eaton Corporation Production Manager in Chomutov, Czech Republic
Eaton’s Vehicle Products Portfolio includes manual and automated truck transmissions and clutches, hybrid powertrain systems, drivetrain, suspension, wheel-end and safety systems, anti-lock braking and traction control systems and vehicle diagnostics as well as air, transmission, and fuel management controls, automotive fluid connectors, engine air management systems, including superchargers, cylinder head modules, engine valves and lifters and limited-slip and locking differentials.
Eaton Industries in Chomutov our vehicle division has an opening for a:
Location: /Chomutov, Czech Republic /
The primary function for the role is to Coordinate the scheduling of production and delivery of product to FCD customers cost effectively and in a timely manner to maximize customer satisfaction and FCD profitability. Also, would be expected to carry any required technical licenses in the name of Eaton Industries s.r.o.
• Meet customer requirements of quality, delivery and cost by optimising the use of people and equipment and the application of Lean Manufacturing principles.
• Maintain key measures of manufacturing performance and take appropriate action to achieve continuous improvement and reduced costs in all areas.
• Ensure that routine inspections are conducted by trained personnel with timely correction of identified environmental, health and safety issues.
• Facilitate employee involvement in the development, implementation and updating of environmental, health and safety plans and procedures.
• Ensure employee satisfaction. Frequently review the environmental, health and safety performance of personnel and contractors against established objectives and goals
• Perform timely investigation of accidents, identification of root cause, and rapid correction of contributing factors.
• Manage scrap, eliminate wastes, rejection and demonstrated proactive quality approach.
• Ensure the availability of appropriate skills and abilities within the manufacturing function through ongoing training and development processes for all employees.
• Communicate with Plant Manager, Purchasing, Production Scheduler, Production and Shipping on a daily basis the production needs for the facility.
• Minimize time required to implementing of new products.
• Responsible to implement and work to the Eaton Business System Lean Tools.
• Maintain monthly production forecasting and staffing.
• Maintain open communications with all customers and outside sources..
• Participate in formal improvement team activities (kaizen workshops). Support all departmental and organizational improvement initiatives in order to achieve business objectives
Ensure safe workplace.
Responsible to ensure job specific environmental, health and safety procedures are established and implemented via job safety analysis and meet all national and local legal requirements as well as Eaton Requirements
• High School diploma or equivalent in mechanical engineering.
• Safety and quality oriented.
• Technical background and knowledge - manufacturing processes, quality assurance, plant engineering, automotive supply industry.
• Prefer working knowledge of MS Windows/Office
• Experience and knowledge in metal working
• Knowledge and experience of Lean and Six Sigma tools
• Able to communicate in English language (In addition German would be desired)
• Knowledge of TS16949 and ISO14001.
What Eaton offers:
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
• Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
• Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions that provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has more than 100,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time