Indian Health Service Medical Records Administrator in Clinton, Oklahoma
About the Agency
Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
This position serves as the Health Information Management Administrator and is responsible for the comprehensive management, planning, direction and organization of the Health Information Management Department. The incumbent will oversee the operation of Health Information Management activities for the Clinton, El Reno and Watonga Indian Health Centers. This position reports to the Allied Health Director.
The Clinton Service Unit is located in Western Oklahoma which varies in landscape from scenic rolling hills to wide-open spaces. The Clinton Service Unit consists of three facilities spread-out over a 100-mile radius which are located in Clinton, El Reno and Watonga. Clinton is host to the Oklahoma Route 66 museum, the Cheyenne Cultural Center, the Lucky Star Casino and indoor Water-Zoo park. Western Oklahoma is also home to magnificent golf courses, unique restaurants and towns which are rich in history.
The Clinton Service Unit's Vision is "To provide quality health care services focusing on prevention, restoration and collaborative relationships that are valued and "exceeds the needs" of our patients, community and tribal partners." For further information, please follow us at Clinton Indian Health Service on Facebook.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Delegated Examining procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-17-OK-10036496-DE; for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered under both announcements.
- Directs, coordinates and oversees the work of the Health Information Management Department
- Plans and executes quality improvement actions
- Coordinates efforts between the Medical Records and Business Office staff
- Generates statistical reports to assist in evaluating quality of care
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
- You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Candidates eligible under Indian Preference appointing authority; All Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment; Reinstatement eligible; Veterans Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA); Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) eligible; Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligible; Schedule A, and/or PHS Commissioned Corps Personnel
Questions? This job is open to 5 groups.
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- ESEP appointees typically serve a two year trial period.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- Selectee may be subject to a probationary/trial period.
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: GS-11: Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to at least the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following types of tasks: developing, directing and evaluating a quality medical records program for a health care facility; continually monitoring program for accuracy, efficiency, privacy and to meet productivity, policy and regulatory agency and legal requirements; creates, monitors and maintains systems that ensure quality and timeliness of documentation and coding; and works collaboratively with provides, registration and billing departments to streamline processes for coding and data collection. OR Completion of a Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related. OR A combination of education and experience.
Supervisory Abilities: This is a supervisory position and candidates, in addition to the professional qualifications listed, must have demonstrated in their work experience or training, that they possess, or have potential to develop, the qualities of successful supervision, as required for this position.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: 08/31/2017
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
You can track the progress of your application package via your USAJobs account. You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJobs that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJobs Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the human resources office posting this announcement.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
**If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed are received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
Review our benefits
Relocation expenses are authorized and will be paid. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
A Recruitment or Relocation incentive may be authorized. A one year service agreement will be required.
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which they earn annual leave is earned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- This is a designated position covered by Public Law 101-630, requiring contact or control over Indian children. Upon tentative selection, selectee will be requested to complete, sign, and submit the Addendum to OF-306, Child Care & Indian Child Care Worker Position form. Due to this requirement, the agency must ensure that persons hired for these positions have not been found guilty of or pleaded nolo contendere or guilty to certain crimes.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities. IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476826600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-11 to 2017-08-31
Salary: $60,210 to $78,270 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 11
Series: 0669 Medical Records Administration
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: IHS-17-OK-10036495-ESEP/MP
Control number: 476826600