Brinks Manager of Receivables and Collections in Coppell, Texas
Manager of Receivables and Collections
Requisition #:21246Location:Coppell TX - B0272
Functional Area:Accounting/FinanceEducation Required:Bachelors Degree
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Experience Required:3 - 5 Years
Brink’s U.S., a division of Brink’s, Incorporated, is the premier provider of armored car transportation, currency and coin processing, ATM servicing and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Manager Receivable and Collections.
The Manager Receivable and Collections is responsible for managing all aspects of Accounts Receivables and Collections through the establishment, administration and enforcement of Company’s policies and procedures. The incumbent will develop and execute goals to maximize cash flow, reduce delinquent balances & bad debt, as well as achieve reduction in DSO.
Position Qualifications: Key Responsibilities:
• Lead the receivables and collections function through organizational change, creating an environment for success
• Provide timely feedback, training and coaching to receivables management & collections personnel, while continually exhibiting Brink’s leadership competencies
• Supervise and Manage both onshore and offshore team.
• Review credit exceptions and determine their approval or denial within credit authority established
• Recommend decisions to VP Controller & Shared Services on approvals outside credit authority
• Offer support to sales personnel for any assistance needed in the receivables management & collections decision process including assisting them with governance of AR, credit and collections policies
• Ensure that subordinates are trained in the whole receivable cycle process
• Ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures
• Ensure cooperation with other departments especially with both Sales and Billings dept. to maximize efficiency within the Company.
• Improve DSO and reduce customer outstanding balances
• Interface with the IT department to ensure the on-going development of automation of the Department’s processes in utilizing Oracle/PeopleSoft Accounts Receivable, Collections Management functionality
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft Collections module and/or other collection tools
• Work with customers regarding credit and collections activities, mange outstanding receivables representing Brink’s in a professional manner and deploying diplomacy in all situations
• Perform other duties as assigned or necessary
• Minimum of 5 years of accounting, receivables management experience
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a staff
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Minimum of 3 year experience working with PeopleSoft, Oracle Financials or other large standard Financial packages
• Minimum of 3 year experience working with auditors and SOX compliance
• Extensive knowledge of the receivable management and collections decision process
• Able to demonstrate the receivables management skills necessary to support both inside and outside sales objectives
• Experience working with an offshore BPO team
• Able to make sound receivables, credit & collections decisions
• Demonstrated ability to train negotiating techniques
• ERP experience
• Demonstrated KPI Management experience
• Professional certification, like CPA, CIA, CCE or CBA
• BBA Accounting/Finance/Management
• Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS)
• Strong consultative, analytical, researching and problem solving skills
• Leadership qualities and own the process
• Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
• Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
• Sense of urgency and ability to multi-task and committed to achieving deadlines
• Negotiation, influencing, customer relations and motivating skills
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s U.S. We provide a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. In addition, we offer a 401(k) plan with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top