HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Coordinator - Medical Staff Services in Dallas, Texas
Medical City Dallas
Coordinator - Medical Staff Services
Responsible for review and pre-assessment of Medical Staff clinical
privileges requested and subsequently the accuracy and integrity of the
database system for hospital staff information.
· Assists in compliance with accrediting agencies (CMS, Joint
Commission) and overall knowledge of applicable federal & state
statutes, Medical Staff Bylaws, Credentialing policies.
· Facilitates all aspects of credentialing of AHP applications and
reappointments, coordinates AHP meeting and resultant actions
· Skilled in interpersonal relationships to work with colleagues in Quality
Management, Administrative Leadership, and physicians in a
cooperative manner, often in sensitive situations (e.g. peer review).
· Facilitates all aspects of credentialing of Medical Staff applicants and
reappointment of existing Medical Staff to insure completeness and
timeliness, including gathering, verification and evaluation of documents required
by Medical Staff Bylaws and confidential peer review documentation relevant
to the credentialing process.
· Two years in Medical Staff Office setting.
· Good communication skills in writing, knowledge of medical terminology,
PC skills to include word processing and familiarity with JCAHO
CPMSM and CPCS, preferred, BS degree, preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &
Experience with Medical Staff database, preferred
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Strong customer service skills required
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Coordinator - Medical Staff Services
Location: Texas-Dallas-Medical City - Dallas
Requisition ID: 01505-94125