HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Monitor / Telemetry Tech in Dallas, Texas
Medical City Dallas Monitor / Telemetry Tech Positions available: * * PRN
- Monitor, interpret and report data from telemetry monitor systems
- Recognize rhythms with the potential to alter the patient’s physiology and report to licensed staff immediately
- Document rhythm status per routine, for all changes and upon request during emergent patient interventions
- Report changes in pulse oximetry data to appropriate licensed personnel
- Follow procedure for application to patient and troubleshooting monitoring equipment
- Perform clerical, technical and communication functions as directed by the licensed staff
- Act as a unit receptionist, answering phone and page system
- Maintain stock supplies for monitoring area
- Maintain a safe work environment
Initiate Basic Life Support when necessary
Certified as telemetry technician by recognized program or the organization identified equivalent work experience.
- Current BLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- This semi-skilled person must be able to communicate with many levels of hospital personnel, patient and family in an age appropriate manner.
- On the job orientation is necessary with a minimum of two weeks required.
- Must exercise some independent judgment in determining the sequence of job activities within the workday.
- Reasoning, mathematical and language skills are required at a level 3.
- Rhythm interpretation and communication of changes with the potential to alter the patient’s physiology and report to licensed staff immediately are required.
- Competency assessment of rhythm interpretation skills required prior to monitoring patients without supervision of licensed staff.
Title: Monitor / Telemetry Tech
Location: Texas-Dallas-Medical City - Dallas
Requisition ID: 01505-91788