Hilton Senior Event Manager - Capital Hilton in DC, United States
Capital Hilton’s ideal location in the heart of Washington DC and just two blocks from the White House and three MetroRail stations, makes it the perfect hotel for exploring our Nation’s Capital. Our historic DC hotel is located within walking distance of museums and memorials, theatres and art galleries, shopping, dining, nightlife, and more. Stay at Capital Hilton to make visiting Washington DC's top attractions even easier, including the National Mall, Smithsonian Museums, and Georgetown.
Our stylish 550 guest rooms feature amenities such as WiFi access (fee) and plenty of electrical outlets for charging devices.
Book a meeting in one of 16 downtown DC meeting rooms totaling 30,000 sq. ft. of function space, including the intimate 16-person Michigan room for executive board meetings and the Presidential Ballroom set banquet-style for 600. The opulent Presidential Ballroom has served heads of state, entertainers and business leaders, proving a unique event space with a history of success.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Event Manager, you would be responsible for executing written sales agreements for large-scale and complex full-service meetings, conventions and events and the successful execution of such events in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Execute written sales agreements for large-scale and complex full-service meetings, conventions and events with more than 300 cumulative room nights
- Negotiate terms and pricing of vendor partner agreements and service agreements with companies and organizations affiliated with group business
- Maintain relationships among the customers, their representatives and the hotel to ensure full participation in servicing accounts
- Initiate verbal and written communication with customers and hotel departments outlining details and specifics of the event including, but not limited to, payment structure, room block management, food and beverage, public room rental, exhibit hall fees, incremental and affiliate revenue streams, performance damages and master billing process
- Partner with operations departments
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Recruit, interview and train team members
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Convention and Event Services
Title: Senior Event Manager - Capital Hilton
Requisition ID: HOT03REE