Comcast Mobile Lab Engineer, VIPER in Denver, Colorado
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
As IP Video becomes the centerpiece of Comcast's offering, it is necessary for us to establish and maintain a Mobile testing lab to ensure ongoing product compatibility and stability. VIPER QA needs an experienced thought leader in the setup and use of a Mobile testing lab, as a target for compatibility testing, and for comprehensive automation to ensure the highest levels of playback quality can be achieved.
This is an excellent opportunity for a hands-on lab engineer to get visibility and experience at a larger scale and greater depth of engagement. We will be creating the framework to drive Player/Platform compatibility across all of Comcast's deployed Second-Screen platforms, both current and in the future.
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong experience (3-5 years) in establishing, managing and maintaining a Mobile QA Lab
- Significant experience in testing and automation of Mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration Development Lifecycles and the specific Development and Testing challenges inherent to that approach
Background in any current Mobile automation framework
- Preference will go to candidates with Selenium, Calabash/Cucumber
- iOS: Objective C, Swift
- Android: Java, APM
- Ability to navigate Unix operating systems
- Good communicator, able to clearly articulate complex issues and technologies
- Willing to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution
- Comfortable working in a fast paced agile environment. Requirements change quickly and our team needs to constantly adapt to moving targets.
Nice-to-have/desired background (any of the following have value in this role)
Cable industry standards and specification:
CableLabs Event Signaling and Management (ESAM)
- CableLabs Event Signaling and Notification Interface (ESNI)
- Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE-35)
- Digital Video Ad Serving Template (VAST)
- CableLabs Encoder Boundary Point (EBP)
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer