HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Speech Therapist PRN in Denver, Colorado
- Position Summary: *This position supports the mission of Presbyterian/St Luke’s Medical Center of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. TheSpeech Pathologist*, under the supervision of the manager, evaluates patients; plans, implements, and modifies treatment programs; participates in discharge planning; performs administrative duties; participates in PI; pursues professional growth; and assists with student education. When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor. Oversees the work of clinical fellows, students and volunteers.
Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children expects our Code of Conduct Value Statements to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. * We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual * We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness * We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives. * We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity
- Position Requirements:
- *Licensure/Certification/Registration: *Current Certificate of Clinical Competence or working toward a Certificate of Clinical Competence. BLS and FIMS certifications required within 6months of hire.
- Education: Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology
- Experience: 1-2 years in an acute care setting.
- Special Qualifications: Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and other health care team members. Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong critical thinking skills. Ability to communicate with patients using auditory Input and Output.
Title: Speech Therapist PRN
Location: Colorado-Denver-Presbyterian/St. Luke%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03166-62831