Comcast Technical Project Manager 3 in Denver, Colorado
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Do you like big challenges and working within a highly motivated team environment? Are you passionate about digital media, entertainment, and software services? Do you love learning about new technology by leading a variety of project engagements?
Who does the Technical Program Manager work with?
As a Technical Program Manager on the Cloud team at Comcast, you will manage the end to end delivery of complex programs needed to execute on our vision. You will be responsible for managing the end-to-end process of requirements definition, development, test, deployment and releasing infrastructure and software that requires coordination across multiple teams. You will work closely with architecture, engineering, deployment and operations teams to help build quality services. You will interface with executives and highly talented and technical leaders across multiple teams.
What are some interesting problems you'll be working on?
In this role, you will provide leadership to top priority Comcast Cloud initiatives related to data intensive services, containers, automation, CDN and many others. You will be responsible to continuously improve/develop our program delivery capabilities. You will also provide program level direction across product teams, development teams, deployment and operations teams. You will work with these teams to define new projects as needed, manage programs/project delivery through both waterfall and Agile methodologies and provide frequent plan and status updates to senior leadership and all stakeholders involved. You will help manage priorities and work sequencing across all efforts.
Where can you make an impact?
You'll be working with the best and brightest minds in Comcast to deliver the Cloud infrastructure and platforms that power internal customers at Comcast, such as our Xfinity television guide and our Comcast email platform. Success in this role is characterized by successful program delivery, a higher speed to market and services that delight our customers with fewer customer-facing defects and outages.
Skills & Requirements
- Direct all phases of new program development from inception through completion.
- Act as a primary contact for program activities, facilitate and lead program review sessions to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Develop, maintain, and manage detailed project plans, action items, and major milestone timelines for all assigned programs.
- Identify delivery risks, and drive mitigation strategies and contingency planning and present solutions and/or options to executive management. Ensures effective implementation of solutions/changes.
- Maintain communication with stakeholders, including product teams, development teams, upper management, and external customers as needed.
- Coordinate across multiple engineering/development teams as needed.
- Serve as a conduit between deployment and engineering to ensure requirements and design considerations are incorporated to improve deployment and sustainability of software and services.
- Identify and enumerate system dependencies. Work with dependent system owners to ensure timely and smooth integration.
- Project spend rates based on the budgets and and help manage within budgetary objectives set by leadership, monitoring and controlling costs
Skills & Requirements
- Job requirements include 5 years of technical program management experience. Industry/Cloud/CDN experience a plus.
- Be well versed with both Waterfall and Agile development processes.
- Proven track record of collaboration with technical product owners and Engineering teams.
- Understanding of and experience with the full software development lifecycle, including functional and technical specifications, implementation, QA processes, deployment and maintenance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Keen attention to detail and high level of commitment.
- Must be willing to travel 25%
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer