Hilton Event Manager - Hilton Des Moines Downtown in Des Moines, Iowa
The Hilton Des Moines Downtown is a bright and modern hotel in step with the tech-centric area. Part of the Des Moines Skywalk system, the hotel is connected to the Iowa Events Center – perfect for convention attendees – and offers quick access to offices, local dining and Des Moines attractions. Guests are offered plenty of conveniences for their stay, including a signature restaurant, indoor pool, fitness center, and 14,000 sq. ft. of stylish event space.
This property boasts 330 guest rooms, including suites and executive suites.
An Event Manager is responsible for ensuring the successful execution of banquet and catering events in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As an Event Manager, you would be responsible for ensuring the successful execution of banquet and catering events in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Provide direction and supervision to departments to ensure successful execution of meetings and/or events
- Serve on-site group and catering clients and respond to questions about the event including, but not limited to, group room blocks, food and beverage, the function space, ancillary and vendor services, affiliates/exhibitors and related billing processes
- Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Respond to guest inquiries and special requests and resolve issues and concerns in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Prepare reports, correspondence and analysis related to group activity
- Lead, facilitate and participate in meetings, as needed
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Event Manager - Hilton Des Moines Downtown
Requisition ID: HOT04JRF