Brinks Coin Operations Mechanic in Detroit, Michigan
Coin Operations Mechanic
Requisition #:19926Location:Detroit MI - B0190
Functional Area:Installation/Maintenance/RepairEducation Required:None
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Brink’s U.S., a division of Brink’s, Incorporated, is the premier provider of armored car transportation, ATM servicing, currency and coin processing, and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Coin Operations Mechanic.
The Coin Operations Mechanic is responsible for troubleshooting and repairing all related coin equipment, training operators to properly operate machinery, and maintaining a clean and organized mechanics’ shop. New hires in this position must successfully complete Brink’s mechanics’ training. This position functions in an armed environment. This position requires the enforcement of rules to protect the premises and property of Brink's and its customers, as well as the safety of persons on the premises of Brink's and its customers.
• Ensure accuracy of counts and optimal efficiency by maintaining specifications and observing operations, detecting malfunctions, replacing parts and adjusting controls
• Perform preventative maintenance on equipment per schedule and notify the supervisor of any issues
• Troubleshoot and repair malfunctions; escalate to the Manager when necessary
• Monitor and report any issues regarding deficiencies and/or a need for replacement of any equipment to the Manager
• Assemble machines or components
• Maintain a parts inventory record and stock of spare parts as well as order replacement parts to minimize lost production time
• Participate in prototype research for engineering projects
• Train employees on proper use of machines
• Maintain clean and organized work areas including but not limited to walls, machinery, tables, cabinets and storage areas
• Able to work weekends, holidays and/or extended hours
• Cross-train and perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 1 year experience as a machine mechanic in a production or manufacturing environment
• Minimum of 21 years of age
• A valid firearms permit or ability to pass applicable firearms licensing requirements
• A valid guard card or ability to obtain a guard card or any other required licenses
• Coin sorter and/or coin wrapping machine mechanic experience
• High school diploma or GED
• Excellent ethics and integrity
• High attention to detail
• Collaborative work style
• Excellent customer service
• Ability to work independently
• Professional, positive demeanor
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s U.S. We provide eligible employees medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. In addition, we offer profit sharing opportunities and a 401(k) program with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any other characteristic protected by law. Brink’s is also committed to providing a drug free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top