AECOM Project Surveyor, Dubai in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Business Line Program, Cost, Consultancy
Position Title Project Surveyor, Dubai
United Arab Emirates - Dubai
The Quantity Surveyor will form part of our assets team office based hub working across a range of projects in both pre and post contract phases. They will be expected to lead smaller scale projects under supervision of an Associate.
• To achieve the highest standards of professional competence and to demonstrate this ability in all dealings with clients and professional contacts, reinforcing the profile of the firm.
• Ability to integrate with all members of the assets team, design and Client teams on the projects that they involved.
• Undertaking measurement and billing exercises using our costX software in both 2D and 3D format.
• Preparing estimates at concept, schematic and detailed design stages.
• Preparing pre tender estimates.
• Undertaking tender analysis following receipt of tender returns.
• Preparation of financial updates and monthly cost reports.
• Assesses and values progress payments and change requests.
• Reviews and compares scopes of work, production rates, and cost data.
• Estimates variation orders for Subcontractors/GC Contractors.
• Evaluates and negotiates variations and change orders in liaison with the Contract Administrator, Design and Construction Team.
• Evaluates and negotiates final accounts settlements.
Specific Skills Required
High level of literacy skills in English.
Excellent working knowledge of industry practices
To be a team player
Knowledge of cost planning techniques, budget management and change control
Ability to present confidently
Ability to act with discretion and safeguarding confidentiality of project data.
Person Specification (Personality Attributes)
A dynamic, forward thinking person with the skills to self manage
Presentable and personable, this individual will be a team player and comfortable with working in a large team and dynamic environment.
Build successful working relationships with internal departments
Ability to handle multiple tasks and establish priorities for the timely completion of work.
High level of professionalism, initiative and creativity.
Problem solving/lateral thinking skills.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience.
Experience in residential, retail and office buildings preferred.
Communication and formal English language skills are considered essential.
QualificationBachelor of Science in Quantity Surveying
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Country United Arab Emirates
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 167148BR