AECOM Associate Director - Development Engineering in Dublin, Ireland
Business Line Transportation
Position Title Associate Director - Development Engineering
Ireland - Dublin
Our Development team currently has a vacancy for an Associate Director with a civil engineering degree and experience of development planning.
The individual will be expected to have a civil engineering degree or similar and preferably be chartered or working towards a professional qualification with one of the following, ICE or CIHT. They will have proven design and project management experience in the private sector delivering to quality, time and budget. They will have experience of working as part of project teams developing site access feasibility, masterplanning, scoping, traffic statements, traffic assessments and post planning negotiation including section 75’s. The candidate would also be required to demonstrate ability in marketing and business development with private sector clients along with managing project finances. We would consider the role on either a full or part-time basis and are happy to look at a range of different working patterns.
The appropriate level of technical and managerial expertise is required in order that the Job/ Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standards
• Receive project brief and carry out briefing of the team members and lead on analysing data, development of design drawings and report production.
• Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design.
• Act as a Project Manager (once accredited) as necessary including monitoring financial performance.
• Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief.
• Attend Project Progress meetings along with necessary client meetings.
• Prepare detailed client briefs or fee proposals for client submission and contribute to major bids.
• Liaise with current and proposed clients to develop repeat and new business for the team.
• Attend necessary marketing and business development meeting both internally and externally to assist in generating new business.
• Liaise internally with the leads of different regions to ensure staff are fully utilised and schemes are delivered on time and to budget.
• Manage project finances and ensure competitive fees are established on appointment and ensure work undertake to budget and additional fees requested when required.
• Support national and regional managers in the monthly reporting process of the company.
You will have a relevant degree and will be a Chartered Engineer or will be working towards an appropriate Chartered status with membership of a professional institution. You will have excellent technical and communication skills along with experience of undertaking a range of development engineering design projects.
• BSc, BEng or Meng degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject;
• Demonstrate experience of highway design associated with development projects at concept, feasibility and detailed level;
• Understanding of Health and Safety including CDM responsibilities;
• Working on a variety of projects as project manager dependant on the size of the scheme;
• Site Access fesibility, scoping studies, transport scoping, transport statement, transport assessment, micro-simulation and data collection;
• Experience in managing development planning projects to time and budget;
• Dealing directly with clients;
• Undertaking Business development;
• Producing bids and proposals;
• Mentoring staff.
• An understanding of the planning process and associated procedure both pre and post approval.
Chartered Membership of suitable Institution (ICE or MCIHT)
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Engineering - Transportation
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 160082BR