Northrop Grumman Network Communications 3 in Edwards AFB, California
Network Communications 3
Requisition ID: 17000872
Location(s): United States-California-Edwards AFB
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Maintains smooth operation of local area, world wide and virtual private networks (VPN). Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as servers, routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings. Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
•Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of IT professional experience; Master’s degree with 3 years of experience. Qualified experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Hands on experience with routers, switches, servers, load-balancers, and crypto.
• Ability to troubleshoot complex network issues in a logical fashion for root cause analysis.
• Ability to perform network forensics.
• Strong written/verbal communication and attention to details.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously.
• Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change.
• Possess and maintain Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance.
• US Citizenship is required in order to obtain and maintain required security clearance.
•Must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport.
• Accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements such as chemical warfare training and immunizations that may include anthrax and smallpox.
•Must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel.
• Meet DoD 8570 requirements byattaining and maintaining COMPTIA Security certification (if offer of employment is extended).
•Microsoft Server 2008/2012 R2 Operating Systems
•Microsoft Windows 2007 Operating System
•Active Directory, WINS, DNS, DHCP, IIS, SQL
•SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor/Network Configuration Manager
•Microsoft SMS and SCCM 2007
•Windows Deployment Services Implementation and Management
•Redundant Offsite Storage Capabilities, Implementation and Management
•Wide Area (WAN) and Local Area (LAN) Networking
•Group Policy Design, Testing and Implementation
•Netware Directory Services
•High Availability Clustering Solutions
•Microsoft Exchange Design and Implementation
•SharePoint Developer Skills ( desired/not required )
•Fiber Optic Knowledge/Skills
•DISA STIG/Patching Familiarization and Implementation
•TACLANE Fundamentals and Principals
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Network Communications 3
Location: California-Edwards AFB
Requisition ID: 17000872