Frontier Communications IT Architect – Software Engineer (Full Stack) in EVERETT, Washington
*IT Architect – Software Engineer (Full Stack) *
Location: Everett, WA, Allen, TX (DAL/DFW), Rochester, NY, or Ft. Wayne, IN
Frontier Communications, Inc. is seeking a talented IT Architect / Software Engineer to help develop and implement a service provisioning platform. The Architect will work with other team members and architects across the enterprise to analyze the business needs, develop a solution, and help implement the solution. The ideal candidate will need to be “hands on” spending a significant amount of time doing development and working with the development team on a weekly basis. The candidate will also work close with architecture and leadership to create the vision and roadmap for the platform.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative software engineer to join our team. If you are self-motivated, a problem solver, a good communicator, and a team player this will be a good fit. We can promise you will always be challenged by helping solve complex problems and working in a very fast-paced environment.
- Learn and maintain an in-depth understand of the Frontier application stack
- Architect, design, and build applications utilizing modern concepts and technologies
- Maintain documentation of application architecture and development (architecture, design, and user guide)
- Engage directly with users to understand business processes
- Prioritize development roadmap based on value added to Frontier
- Create proof of concepts to validate and drive design decisions for network automation
- Implement new and modify existing integrations to Frontier’s network to automate provisioning and design functions
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience in Telecommunications or related industry that relies on complex interactions between software and the network
- Previous experience with Application Architecture and Infrastructure integration.
- Excellent team player, eager to learn from others, and to share skills with colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write technical instructions
- Investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Lead development teams in Agile ceremonies and practices.
- Strong understanding backlog management, product roadmap, scrum, and Kanban
- Ability to adapt quickly to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Resolve technical problems using a pragmatic approach
- Familiarity with basic concepts of Layer 2 / Layer 3 data networking
- Strong knowledge of networking and operating systems concepts, data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of one of the following technologies is desirable:
- L2VPN, VPLS/VPWS, PWE3, IP, MPLS and a good understanding L2 switching
- Must have strong debugging and trouble shooting skills
- Proficient with Python or another scripting language
- Basic understanding of Layer 2/3 routing protocols and TCP/IP
Required Software Skills:
- Operating Systems: Windows Server, Linux Red Hat
- Web Tools: SOAP UI, Swagger, Postman, or equivalent tools
- Databases: NoSQL (i.e. Mongo, Cassandra)
- Languages: Java, Python, C#
- Source Control: Git, TFS, or SVN experience
- Web Services: RESTful and SOAP services
- SDLC: Agile-Scrum, Kanban, and Iterative-Waterfall
Desired Software Skills
- Operating Systems: Unix variants
- Databases: MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL
- Languages: AngularJS, C++, Perl
- TIBCO BusinessWorks, ActiveSpaces, EMS, and BusinessEvents
- Enterprise Caching (i.e. Redis, ActiveSpaces, etc)
- Open-source search: SOLR, ELK Stack
- Pega BPM, CRM, and other modules
- DevOps: CI/CD tooling
The person should also possess the following traits
- Enjoy working with others in a team atmosphere
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment
- Able to work with and refine loose business requirements
- Have a “customer-service first” orientation
Frontier’s new LinkedIn group highlights what is happening within the technology industry and also showcases the opportunities available at Frontier. We encourage you to become a member and share it with your network connections as well. The page will show trends which are emerging within technology, and as a member of the group you will also have the ability to share questions, ideas, or articles with the rest of the community.
It is simple and fast to become a member! Click the link below and then log into LinkedIn using your email and password. Once you are logged in you will be directed to the group landing page, and in the top right-hand corner of the page you will see a “Join” button. After selecting, you will have access within a few hours.
Join our LinkedIn Group, Frontier Technology: Networking, Forum, and Jobs.
Job Location: EVERETT, Washington, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 319287-798