AECOM Senior Electrical Engineer in Exeter, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 152099BR
Position Title Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Category Engineering - Electrical / Electronic
Business Line Building Engineering
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Devon
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in
Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by
Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A
Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at
About the Business Line
We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Building Engineering team located in our Exeter office. The office is a multidisciplinary office with staff covering Building Engineering, Project Management, Quantity Surveying, Transportation, Water, Energy & Environmental consultancy.
The Building Engineering team has a large team engineers whose projects cover education, health, commercial, industrial and local government, UK and international projects, with specific focus on New Build and large refurbishment of offices & residential. Our projects range from between £1 - £20 million construction value. The Senior Electrical Engineer will be involved all aspects of building environmental engineering including sketches, design, specifications and drawing production.
The successful candidate will already hold or be working towards chartership, and have proven design experience, delivering to quality, time and budget. This role will suit someone with a mechanical engineering / building services degree, who is enthusiastic, self motivated, and looking to advance their career. The Senior/Principal Electrical Engineer will effectively manage all aspects of project delivery from a commercial, managerial and technical perspective;
• Act as client liaison and mechanical engineering technical lead
• Undertake project reviews and checking in accordance with QA procedures
• Define mechanical engineering strategies
• Undertake feasibility works across numerous project types
• Undertake line manager responsibility for a mechanical engineering team
• Prepare fee proposals for submission to clients, including resources and programme
• Ability to produce detailed design calculations and preparation of design drawings, specifications and information for electrical building services engineering systems for construction projects.
• Liaise with internal and external Design Team regarding all relevant technical and other information.
• Understand and work within the financial and programme constraints of the projects.
• Represent AECOM at client, design team and progress meetings throughout the course of the design and construction stages of the project.
• Liaise with clients, professional organizations, contractors, suppliers, sub contractors and other design
• Identify and meet effectively the requirements and expectations of clients
• Ideally Degree in Electrical Engineering or electrical based subject (or equivalent qualification) or have a proven track record in the delivery of design projects
• The ideal candidate will have experience in the design of electrical building services systems, and will have a competence in design software packages such as Amtech and Dialux.
• Be a self motivated individual with the ability to work independently and take ownership of workload.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be a team player.
• Be proactive about professional development and demonstrate a desire to continuously improve and develop as an electrical engineer.
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, able to inspire, influence and negotiate
• Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
• Excellent report writing skills, experience of making presentations and attending meetings with clients essential
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.