AECOM Senior Electrical Engineer in Exeter, United Kingdom
Business Line Building Engineering
Position Title Senior Electrical Engineer
United Kingdom - Devon
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Building Engineering team located in our Exeter office. The office is a multidisciplinary office with staff covering Building Engineering, Project Management, Quantity Surveying, Transportation, Water, Energy & Environmental consultancy.
The Building Engineering team has a large team engineers whose projects cover education, health, commercial, industrial and local government, UK and international projects, with specific focus on New Build and large refurbishment of offices & residential. Our projects range from between £1 - £20 million construction value. The Senior Electrical Engineer will be involved all aspects of building environmental engineering including sketches, design, specifications and drawing production.
The successful candidate will already hold or be working towards chartership, and have proven design experience, delivering to quality, time and budget. This role will suit someone with a mechanical engineering / building services degree, who is enthusiastic, self motivated, and looking to advance their career. The Senior/Principal Electrical Engineer will effectively manage all aspects of project delivery from a commercial, managerial and technical perspective;
• Act as client liaison and mechanical engineering technical lead
• Undertake project reviews and checking in accordance with QA procedures
• Define mechanical engineering strategies
• Undertake feasibility works across numerous project types
• Undertake line manager responsibility for a mechanical engineering team
• Prepare fee proposals for submission to clients, including resources and programme
• Ability to produce detailed design calculations and preparation of design drawings, specifications and information for electrical building services engineering systems for construction projects.
• Liaise with internal and external Design Team regarding all relevant technical and other information.
• Understand and work within the financial and programme constraints of the projects.
• Represent AECOM at client, design team and progress meetings throughout the course of the design and construction stages of the project.
• Liaise with clients, professional organizations, contractors, suppliers, sub contractors and other design
• Identify and meet effectively the requirements and expectations of clients
• Ideally Degree in Electrical Engineering or electrical based subject (or equivalent qualification) or have a proven track record in the delivery of design projects
• The ideal candidate will have experience in the design of electrical building services systems, and will have a competence in design software packages such as Amtech and Dialux.
• Be a self motivated individual with the ability to work independently and take ownership of workload.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be a team player.
• Be proactive about professional development and demonstrate a desire to continuously improve and develop as an electrical engineer.
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, able to inspire, influence and negotiate
• Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
• Excellent report writing skills, experience of making presentations and attending meetings with clients essential
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Electrical / Electronic
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 152099BR