Waste Management CDL Roll-Off Driver - Class A CDL Preferred - Fairmont, MN in Fairmont, Minnesota
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
CLASS A CDL STRONGLY PREFERRED
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.
I. Job Summary
Roll-Off Drivers safely operates a heavy-duty truck and is responsible for preparing, loading, and transporting large mobile open top and compactor containers to disposal sites, transfer or recycle facilities and customer locations. Roll-Off Drivers will navigate driveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and may operate in tight overhead environments while on industrial routes. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential, to successfully perform this job.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report.).
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
- Positions and / or returns container on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced, and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and the check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs. III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not Required
- Experience: Not Required
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Commercial Drivers License B (CDL). Class A CDL Strongly Preferred!
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial ‘Drivers License with an air brake endorsement.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Acceptable driving record required.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review. V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: outdoors and/or driving a vehicle..
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: CDL Roll-Off Driver - Class A CDL Preferred - Fairmont, MN
Requisition ID: 17014113