Northwell Health Director, Substance Abuse Program in Far Rockaway, New York
Req Number 0015NM
Job Category Social Workers
Works with the Director, Substance Abuse Services to ensure the client experience, quality of care, and clinical and financial assessment of program performance. Directs related therapeutic and operational activities. Monitors related client care, professional, and support functions. Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and maintains quality standards.
1. Resource Management
• Develops and supervises program components and administrative methods and procedures.
• Recommends, implements and assesses overall clinical activities.
• Develops narrative and fiscal aspects of the budget.
2. Operational Performance
• Coordinates program structure including scheduling of client therapy sessions, activities and vocational services.
• Collect psychometric data related to clinical service.
• Coordinates services with other human services agencies.
• Monitors expenditures to ensure budgetary limits are maintained.
• Oversees ordering of program supplies.
3. Standards Compliance
• Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations of Federal, State and local governmental agencies.
4. HR Development
• Conducts formal training seminars on various substance abuse topics.
• Ensures on-going training and development of agency staff.
5. Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
• Master’s Degree in Social Work, Hospital Administration or related field, required.
• LCSW certification required and, upon hire, must attain the ACSW certification within the first year of employment.
• Minimum of seven (7) years progressively responsible experience in substance abuse treatment and rehabilitation programs, and leadership.
• For Manhasset Day Center and Elmont Treatment Center only, must be able to drive program van.