Aetna Clinical Care Manager - vHealth in Farnborough, United States
Req ID: 45871BR
Aetna International vHealth – Clinical Writer
Aetna International is building an innovative new clinical program offering virtual primary care. The foundation of this program will be a set of evidence-based clinical protocols for delivery of virtual primary care across a global setting. The Clinical Writer will play a crucial role in defining the protocols that will guide the delivery of care to Aetna members across the globe.
Aim and purpose of the position
Helping to build a proprietary set of global clinical protocols for virtual primary care delivery from the ground up.
· Work with the clinical team to develop the Aetna vHealth Protocols (AVPs) - a list of target conditions / diseases amenable to virtual care for which protocols will be developed
· Assess the current landscape of clinical protocols and identify best practices across all for each condition / disease identified
· Work with the vHealth Clinical Leadership team to identify practices most suited for implementation in a virtual care delivery environment , and develop a proprietary set of clinical protocols which will govern global service delivery.
· Work with the Medical Directors to obtain approval for protocols developed as a result of the process above
· Work with local clinical teams to understand where regionalization and customization is necessary and implement those adaptations.
· Implement a continuous periodic review process of reputed journals, renowned professional body recommendations, e-resources, textbooks and KOL blogs to systematically update guidelines and protocols in light of new knowledge
· Undertake comprehensive and timely reviews of existing medical guideline services (eg Medscape, UptoDate) to inform and supplement Aetna vHealth Protocols
· Collect, analyze and incorporate feedback from the Clinical Leadership team as well as emerging data and trends in the health care environment to continuously improve existing protocols.
· Work with the Operations Manager to ensure that Aetna PMS has updated protocols and guidelines
· Strong project management skills & experience are a critical requirement.
· Bachelor s degree / University degree, preferably in a clinical field, communications, or life science, from an accredited institution.
· Significant working experience (3 to 5 years) in medical content creation, with additional background desirable inpublishing, clinical research, or healthcare or scientific grant proposal writing.
· Excellent communication and writing skills. Strong analytical skills.
· Highly flexible and collaborative; a team player - capable of working with various teams and managing multiple stakeholders.
· Experience in a fast-paced and growth environment is a plus.
· Up to 10% travel