Northwell Health Cafeteria/Counter Person (Part Time) in Forest Hills, New York
Req Number 001DT3
Job Category Food Service
1. Prepares cafeteria counter for specific meal services, as assigned.
2. Ensures counters are well stocked, neat and orderly.
3. Promptly replenishes empty counter sections from hot carts or refrigerator.
4. Prevents run outs by informing kitchen on a timely basis.
5. Maintains proper temperatures for both hot and cold food.
6. Serves and makes food for patrons from the grill or counter.
7. Portions food servings.
8. Makes sandwiches, eggs and other short order grill sandwiches and/or plates including use of convenience chicken parts, individually frozen portion of fish and fries.
9. Prepares menu boards.
10. Demonstrates the ability to utilize grill, coffee urn, ice maker, deep fryer and infra-red oven.
11. Accurately handles cash and maintains simple records. Arranges for change and makes deposits according to set procedures.
12. Performs general cleaning duties. Cleans and maintains dining service area including counters, tables and equipment.
13. Operates dishwasher.
14. Promptly disposes of trash and garbage for pick up.
15. Performs related duties, as required.
· High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
· Prior related training or experience, required.
· Ability to read, speak and write in English and follow instructions.
· Ability to perform basic cashier functions with a cash register machine.