DynCorp International LLC. Warehouse Supervisor in FORT IRWIN, California
The Warehouse Supervisor supervises the daily operation and administration of the warehouse facility. Ensures timeliness and cost-effectiveness of incoming and outgoing shipments, items are appropriately marked or tagged for identification purposes, and inventory is accounted for and managed.
Principal Accountabilities (Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the warehouse facility.
- Generates work assignments, manages schedules, sets priorities, assigns daily tasks, reviews employee performance, and makes employment (hire/termination/salary adjustments) decisions.
- Coordinates and prioritizes activities of warehouse employees engaged in receiving, cataloging, tagging, maintaining, storing, packing, and shipping inventory.
- Assigns appropriate resources, determines objectives and procedures, and monitors results to ensure inventory is accurate; ensures materials are received, stored, shipped, and reported in accordance with established procedures and government guidelines/regulations and meet contract requirements.
- Manages procedures and controls for hazardous material shipments.
- Coordinates and follows-up with purchasing department regarding purchase orders.
- Creates reports for management, illustrating statistics and performance/production levels and key metrics; notate any errors, fluctuations, or anomalies, and suggest ways to improve performance.
- Reconciles inventory (write offs, adjust quantities, etc.) after third inventory count has occurred.
- Oversee government compliance and serve as point of contact for internal auditors, government auditors, and government property administrator.
- Ensure safety of workforce by educating employees on proper procedures and safety guidelines, striving to achieve an accident free workplace.
Perform other duties as assigned Knowledge & Skills
Working knowledge of hazardous materials controls, regulations, and declaration shipping procedures.
- Working knowledge of warehouse distribution principles and techniques.
- Working knowledge of the handling and management of government property strongly desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of DynMRO preferred.
- Working knowledge of logistics/supply procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to lead, coach, and manage others.
- Ability to work under pressure and continuously meet deadlines.
Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.
Experience & Education
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in a warehouse environment.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Hazardous materials certification preferred.
Additional experience/education may be required by contract and will be listed separately
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
Ability to work in warehouse facility, which may include lifting boxes, sitting or standing for extended periods of time, operating a forklift, and climbing a ladder.
Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Job: *Logistics / Transportation
Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Location: UNITED STATES-CALIFORNIA-FORT IRWIN
Requisition ID: 1703475