AECOM Generator Mechanic in Fort Polk, Louisiana
Business Line Government
Position Title Generator Mechanic
United States of America - Louisiana
AECOM has an immediate opening for a Generator Mechanic at Ft. Polk, LA .
Must have a strong background with maintenance of reciprocating engines and hands-on experience with troubleshooting and maintenance for generator sets.
1) Must have recent Kohler and Series 900 experience with demonstrated ability to provide hands-on troubleshooting and maintenance.
2) Maintains, repairs, and services Power Generators at the unit, direct support and general support maintenance level.
3) Overhaul up to, but not including, rebuild of power generation equipment, internal combustion engines and associated equipment through 900KW.
4) Additional responsibility for ordering and receiving service and replacement parts, coordinating generators and fuel tanks and inspecting and maintaining fuel tanks, fuel burners, and electrical wiring.
5) Overhaul of starters, alternators, generators, fuel injectors, voltage regulators, switches, control circuits, etc.
6) Must be willing to service equipment and prepare service documentation.
7) Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
This is a position with a physical rating of heavy.
Must have a minimum of three (3) years experience in power generation equipment repairs.
Electrical background 1-3 years experience.
Automated transfer switch and switchgear experience is a plus.
Should have experience in the Army 52 Series MOS or equivalent. All branches of service are encouraged to apply.
Must have thorough knowledge of Army technical publications related to power-generation equipment maintenance.
Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screening.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Job Category Maintenance
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 162007BR