DynCorp International LLC. Systems Analyst Principal in FORT WORTH, Texas
The Systems Analyst Principal will provide tier 2 and 3 technical support to end users for the company applications and systems; includes COTS and in-house applications. This open position will handle support requests, incidents, issues and application web monitoring. In addition to the day to day production support, will perform analytical, technical, and administrative work from requirements gathering and analysis through implementation for new applications, upgrades and patching existing the applications. This role demands a dynamic individual with excellent communication, strong analytical skills and proficient planning skills, including the ability to organize and prioritize in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities.
Principal Accountabilities (Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Establishes complex operational databases, software configuration control and systems interfaces for computer system(s) assigned.
- Prepares system for operational use and oversees operational tests.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Coordinates the analysis and design of automated solutions to business problems.
- Participates in test process for new development, report modification, functionality enhancement and system upgrades.
- Assists user community in design of reports, pre-planning processes for new projects, ad hoc analysis and other requirements supporting the complex database.
- Consults with clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
- Researches and evaluates software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as a program platform.
- Consults with client to prototype, refine, test and debug programs to meet contractual needs.
- Provides guidance and may supervise employees over the assigned databases.
Performs other duties as assigned. Knowledge & Skills
Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to effectively interface with various levels of employees and management.
- Capacity to process information quickly, manage multiple high-priority tasks, and meet short- and long-term deadlines effectively.
- Knowledge of programming languages (i.e. MS Visual Basic, Microsoft C , MS Access).
Current on the latest technological advances within industry.
Experience & Education
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study; two (2) or more years’ experience in related field may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
- Six (6) or more years’ experience in Systems Analyst or relevant experience.
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) and Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDA) preferred.
Six (6) to Ten (10) years experience within Information Technology, in Application Support or Infrastructure Operations
Three (3) to Five (5) years IT production support experience
One (1) to Three (3) MS SQL Server and Oracle knowledge including T-SQL, PL/SQL
Ability to multi-task, handle production support and projects as well as being flexible to assist team member.
Ability to work independently as a self-starter and within a team environment.
Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting experience
Excellent communication (all forms)
Excellent documentation skills
Perform 7x24 production on call support on rotational bases
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
o Generally works in normal office/warehouse environment, but may be required to travel domestically and internationally on short notice, to austere environments, under harsh living conditions.
o Some positions will be assigned to overseas locations where living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable, with long hours, exposure to weather, dust, and hazardous/harsh conditions.
Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Job: *IT / Software Development
Title: Systems Analyst Principal
Location: UNITED STATES-TEXAS-FORT WORTH
Requisition ID: 1702792