HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN/Registered Nurse Cardiac Cath Lab PRN in Fredericksburg, Virginia
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
- Performs and documents total physical assessment for patients within unit Scope of Care.
- Analyzes pertinent data, communicates findings and documents information.
- Utilizes equipment and performs special procedures competently as related to unit Scope of Care.
- Organizes and prioritizes nursing care for a unit specific patient assignment.
- Administers all medications utilizing the 5 rights to medication administration.
- Demonstrates competency in patient teaching and discharge planning including family and/or significant other in Collaboration with multidisciplinary team members.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge pertinent to nursing practice in cardiac patients..
- Communicates effectively with peers, supervisors, ancillary department and other customers.
QUALIFICATIONS Will have knowledge of service areas for which accountable. Must have customer service abilities including effective listening skills. Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment. Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
EDUCATION Required - Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Preferred - BSN degree or currently enrolled in BSN Program.
Required - Current licensure as an RN in the state of Virginia.
Required - Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider. ACLS within 6 months of hire date.
Preferred - Current certification in specialty field.
Required -Two years experience as RN in Critical Care, Telemetry, or Emergency Department Preferred- One year Cardiac Cath Lab Holding experience
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: RN/Registered Nurse Cardiac Cath Lab PRN
Location: Virginia-Fredericksburg-Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 25325-13455