Northwell Health Psychiatric Clinical Specialist in Glen Oaks, New York
Req Number 001984
Job Category Mental Health
As a Specialist you will facilitate Mental Health Services to promote recovery and rehabilitation. Assess recovery needs and provide recovery planning and intervention through individual and group psychotherapy, family therapy, care management and linkage to community services.
• Provides individual and group psychotherapy.
• Evaluates patient recovery needs through the use of assessment instruments and counseling.
• Develops treatment plans in collaboration with patient and treatment team.
• Provides crisis intervention services.
• Provides family therapy.
• Provides complex care management and linkage to community services.
• Promotes patient compliance and adherence to treatment and appointments utilizing relapse prevention techniques.
• Liaises with patient providers for collateral treatment.
• Bills medicaid, medicare and private insurance companies for reimbursable
• Master’s Degree in Counseling or related field, required.
• Licensed in Mental Health Counseling, required.
• New York State Driver’s License, required.
• Minimum of (1) year related work experience, required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.