Comcast Intern - Facilities in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for providing routine clerical support for functional groups. Under direct supervision will provide support such as copying, distributing mail, performing simple calculations, and maintaining records and files. Follows standard procedures for all assigned work.
* Continue to maintain and update Heartland Facilities approved facilities eStandards library – trash can, name plates, coffee/drink mugs
* Perform monthly facilities inspections with all janitorial vendors to ensure service levels and being met or exceed. Work with vendors to generate inspection reports and work with them to correct any issues.
* Coordinate, schedule and manage minor site improvement through capital or expense expenditures – Miller Road
* Work with Heartland Facilities Supervisors to generate furniture space plans, bid work, award, schedule and implement furniture reconfigurations through completion
* Develop a standard Heartland Facilities online filing structure – U:
* Assist Heartland Facilities Supervisors on capital projects as needed to support an on time completion- Xfinity store close out with Architect and contractor
* Work with Heartland Security team to investigate future security technologies for potential implementation in 2017 and beyond
* Audit project files to ensure all documents and files are present
* Perform space audits and complete occupancy plans for buildings with name, title and department
* Study industrial standards and practices and document with recommendations – HVAC duct cleaning, temps, acoustical privacy, floor care and lighting
* Review current standards or guidelines for services such as coffee, lawn, janitorial, etc. and report findings and potential recommendations to improve service levels.
* Attend outside network/learning opportunities
* Update BIG Center for FM/Move/PM work – trained and able to use.
* Work with Heartland Facilities Supervisors and local accounting team to track facilities expenses from a Region, State, Area and building level
* Perform building inspection to ensure buildings are in compliance with Company & OSHA checklists, secure, clean, and properly maintained. Work with vendors and the BIG work order system to address issues
* Document and update space utilization and space standards
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
* Currently enrolled in an IFMA accredited Facilities Management Collegiate Program
* Travel required, up to 35%
*High School or Equivalent Field of Study
Years of Experience:
*Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
* Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
* The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer