Northwell Health Registered Nurse- High Tech Home Care Brooklyn Full Time in Great Neck, New York
Req Number 001FPT
Job Category Registered Nurse
Provides intravenous therapy to patients. Functions in accordance with policies of the Nursing Department. Utilizes leadership skills/clinical judgment in coordinating patient care and directing/delegating activities of the patient care unit team.
- Provides necessary intravenous therapy to patients.
• Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the physical and emotional needs of patients requiring IV therapy.
• Follows policies of the Department regarding IV therapy.
• Maintains documentation of IV therapy.
• Investigates, evaluates and validates new techniques and equipment used for IV therapy.
• Conducts patient interview, explains policies and procedures to patient/ significant others, reviews patient's chart and answers questions.
• Communicates/documents patient's health status.
- Collaborates with other care team members in planning and carrying out treatment regimen; provides direction to other members of the care team.
• Interprets and implements treatment regimen as prescribed by the Physician.
• Assists the Physician during treatments and/or diagnostic procedures.
• Keeps management and/or physician informed of changes in patient's condition and/or treatments, as appropriate.
- Performs related duties, as required.
• Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, preferred.
• Licensed to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
• BLS certification or equivalent, required.
• Minimum of two (2) years experience as a RN, including initiation of IV therapy.