Northwell Health Sr. Programmer Analyst in Greenvale, New York
Req Number 0013OR
Job Category Information Technology
Performs a variety of skilled and technical work associated with the development and preparation of computer programs to include conversation of project specifications and statements of problems and procedures. Conducts analysis and design of modifications and new programs. Serves as Team Lead, as assigned.
1. Serves as Team Lead to include project management and supervision of contracted resources, as assigned.
2. Works with end users to define business problems and design solutions.
3. Works with end users to design new workflows, systems, programs and reports to improve the operations of the organization.
4. Performs systems analysis to ensure the feasibility of proposed new programs or program modifications.
5. Creates documents necessary to allow end users to evaluate proposed new program or program modifications.
6. Develops software code, as needed.
7. Generate test plans to allow thorough testing of new programs or program modifications.
8. Participates in the creation of necessary documentation, including end user documentation, procedure manuals and associated run sheets.
9. Assist in developing training materials required as part of the implementation process and participates in the delivery of training.
10. Performs related duties as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, required. Master’s degree, preferred.
· Minimum of five (5) years progressive Programmer / Analyst experience to include two (2) years in managed care or related healthcare experience, required.
· Knowledge of Microsoft SQL and Visual Studio tools, required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, required.