WindStream Communications Network Analyst III-NOC in Greenville, South Carolina
The position of Transport Network Analyst supports the daily Provisioning and Test & Turn Up of all DS3 to OC192 and GIGE and Ethernet circuits for both on and off-net customer based and internal services for transport and data services on an extensive fiber optic network.
- Work with LEC’s, IXC’s, vendors, internal departments, and customers to successfully test and turn up new services as required.
- Monitor provisioning work queue for new orders and work as they come due
- Utilize the trouble ticketing system to dispatch field technicians as needed.
- Follow prescribed escalation policies internal and external to ensure customer services are successfully provisioned within the appropriate time frames.
- Provide leadership to team members
Accept escalations as provided by Manager
Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematic
- Knowledge of Circuit Layout Records
- Two years experience plus formal training with at least one of the following network elements: SONET, DWDM, Transport technologies or related field
- Ability to attend and successfully complete technical courses, both on and off site.
- Must be able to travel occasionally and work a flexible schedule to accommodate 24x7x365 coverage requirements
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Must be customer focused, a team player, and a self-starter
- Have a very good working knowledge of telecommunications networks, systems, power and grounding systems, and general knowledge of the Public Switched Telephone Network architecture
This position will place emphasis on the following SONET, DWDM technologies: Nortel classic or Optera Metro; Fujitsu Flashwave, FLM, DWDM; Cisco/Cerent 15454 or DWDM; CyAN; Turin; Infinera DNA and associated element management systems, CTC/CTM; Netsmart; CyMS; and Preside.
*Minimum Requirements: *
Associate Degree in a technical discipline and 4-6 years technical/telephony experience with 5 years directly related to the job; or 8 years of directly related telephony or network operations experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience required.
Primary Location: *US-South Carolina-Greenville
Job Category: *Engineering
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
Requisition ID: 17002928