Comcast Manager 1, Engineering Ops in Greenwood Village, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for managing, operating and supporting high profile Commercial customers and network services as well as associated infrastructure in an operations environment. Examples of infrastructure include but not limited to routers, switches, CMTS, etc. Day to day operational responsibilities includes managing escalation, triage and resolution of all network outages/impairments and sending executive summary to senior leadership. Manage various regions, vendors, internal/external organizations. Drives standardization and service focused instrumentation. Contributes to the command and control network related activities focused on restoration of outages, clear and concise communication across Comcast/Commercial customers and rapid restoration of network services. Works and directly leads team, external vendors, third parties, and associated fix agents, when necessary, to address issues across the network, peering arrangements, inter-operability issues, etc. Works with limited supervision and direction while executing associated functions and responsibilities. Follows all operational practices and independently determines/develops approaches for non-routine solutions. Receives general direction in area of focus.
- Manage a network operation team to ensure optimal network performance including monitoring, troubleshooting and restoration.
- Monitor team communications to guarantee that emails, tickets and phone calls follow company policies and meet client expectations.
- Ensure proper troubleshooting steps and processes are well documented within knowledgebase and employed by all direct reports
- Provides clear, crisp, and concise technical communication and coordination during large outage scenarios
- Has a strong understanding of overall business needs and business areas, understanding applications while learning supplemental processes. Possesses strong analysis and implementation skills. Demonstrates ability to pick up key concepts and apply them to work. Demonstrates ability to analyze, troubleshoot, problem solve and provide input on decision making
- Ability to motivate, coach and influence team members to ensure effective product delivery. Works independently to accomplish team goals. Possesses strong ability to influence others
- Aligns operational plans with business objectives. Communicates changes to all affected personnel.
- Develops and analyzes appropriate key performance indicators (KPI) and Service Level Agreement for the group and services.
- Manages and forecasts resource needs to meet departmental objectives. Recommends action plans or solutions to management.
- Ensures that all technical performance complies with industry and Company technical requirements.
- Applies industry standards in daily operations and ensures that they are consistently met and that technical operations comply with system, region and OSHA safety programs.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work in various schedule(s) and weekends, as necessary.
- Provide high level of satisfaction for customer escalation and requests. Build and maintain supportive working relationships with Customers.
- Ensure maintenance notification and service advisory communication is distributed to Customers in accordance with guideline.
- Report qualitative and quantitative trends to leadership.
- Take ownership of and/or manage the completion of all escalated incidents and assigned tasks.
- Good Analytical/Communication/Troubleshooting Skills
- Ability to provide on the job training to new hires as and when required
- Create processes and procedures for troubleshooting and ticket management as needed
- Initiate root cause analysis (RCA) request, participate in RCA calls as needed, proof all RCA's prior to sending to leadership and provide feedback as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Advanced Knowledge of Networks,Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN) and Metropolitan Area Network (MAN), Software Defined (SD-WAN)
- Advanced knowledge ofCarrier Ethernet, DOCSIS Standards, Ethernet over HFC
- Advanced knowledge of network technologies on:Open System Interconnection (OSI), Layer 1/2 protocols ,Internet Protocols IP
- Routing Protocols OSPF, MPLS, I/EBGP, IGRP, RIP etc.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Engineering/Computer Science
- Generally requires 5- 7 years related experience
- 3 years of management/leadership experience in a network operation environment
- Any industry specific certification (Cisco, Juniper etc.) is a plus
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer