Comcast Sr. Manager, Presales WAN Operations in Hamilton, Ohio
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Sr. Manager, Presales WAN Operations is primarily responsible for leading an offshore vendor and an onshore team of project coordinators who drive the presales data gathering process for our Fortune 1000 customers. The Sr. Manager will own the presales relationship between Comcast and our 300 Access partners. The Sr. Manager, Presales WAN Operations will be required to interface with various team within the company to include Sales, Service Delivery, Service Assurance, Network Engineering, Solution Engineering, Finance, Billing, Legal, IT/IS etc.
- Manage vendors capabilities, business requirements and overall performance of our Offshore Vendor
- Continuously set priorities, monitor performance and develop analytical and financial reporting of vendors including routine scorecards of agreed upon KPI’s and SLAs
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with key stakeholders aimed at identifying, understanding and fulfilling their requirements.
- Identify areas of opportunity for improvement with a focus on optimizing our Access provider’s performance.
- Identify, development and execute any corrective action plan for standards that are not met by the vendor;
- Oversees the daily operations of the Onshore serviceability team and serve as a hands-on leader that understands and can perform the daily tactical and strategic functions when necessary
- Creates and maintains the appropriate workplace culture and demonstrates effective people leadership for a team of provisioning coordinators, including setting clear performance standards, delivering feedback and coaching team members in all aspects of performance;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop staff in a rapidly growing organization.
- Develop the reporting for vendor performance in areas that include (but are not limited to) quality, capacity, systems and responsiveness;
- Develop vendor scorecards and dashboards that present relevant data tailored to the audience;
- Establish internal policies, standards, templates for working with the vendor;
- Classify/ rationalize/optimize vendor portfolio and concentrate efforts on managing the most strategic vendors;
- Manage and support all your direct reports HR related needs and approvals pre policy i.e. time-off, expense plus mid-year & annual review.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 15 years’ of work experience
- At least 5 years’ of leadership experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in Enterprise IT level Project or Program Management
- At least 5 years’ experience in Vendor Management with experience creating, maintaining and driving an effective offshore relationship
- Must have an expert knowledge of the serviceability process in Telecommunications to include: availability, serviceability and the survey process
- Must be comfortable building an organization and department in its entirety;
- Must have good negotiation skills;
- Experience in the Telecommunications Industry within Service Delivery and Sales Operations with an established track record of successfully managing ISP relationships;
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office tools – Project, Word, PowerPoint and Excel (including Pivot tables)
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, experience in presenting and communicating to Executive level audiences.
- Must have the ability to interact and work effectively with all levels of personnel from senior executive management to high level technical resources and influence key stakeholders.
- Must work as team player with ability to work under pressure for urgent requests; experience working across a matrix organization
- Analytical approach to problem solving, with a focus on managing a team environment with attention to results and with a sense of urgency;
- Function independently with minimum of supervision, taking full ownership of the project managers and the customer relationship with Comcast Business
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment and adapt to change
- Ability to travel (20%) Domestically and Internationally
Job Specification (Plus):
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer