Comcast Headend Tech in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
* This position is per the contract *
Reports to: Chief Technician
Summary of Position: Performs advanced headend and OTN/Hub maintenance and troubleshooting to ensure optimal system performance and minimal outages.
- Responsible for overall mainternance, troubleshooting and repair of advanced headend and hub systems and components.
- Lifts and carries loads up to 80lbs, climbs ladders, towers and other.
- Provide back up support for maintenance technicians when necesary.
- Ability to perform system performance tests.
- Advanced networking skills to include router configuration, ATM, SONET and digital transmission systems.
- Ability to operate digital and return test equipment and other equipment as needed.
- Ability to read and interpret maps of system design and specifications.
- Comprehend variety of service and related information/procedures.
- Work in a safe manner.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Read, write and perform basic arithmetic.
- Maintain punctual and reliable work habits and job attendance.
- Maintain a good driving record and valid driver's license.
- Remain calm and courteous when interacting with the public, customers, prospective customers, clients and coworkers.
- Complete necessary paperwork and reports.
- Support goals of the organization and work as a team player.
Education and Experience:
- High School Grad or Equivalent
Recommend NCTI Course Enrollment:
- Installer or equivalent
- Installer Tech or equivalent
- Service Tech or equivalent
- System Tech or equivalent
- Valid Driver's license
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/H/V
We support a Drug Free and Safe Work Environment
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer