Northwell Health Home Health Aid in Hempstead, New York
Req Number 000EQ6
Job Category Nursing Support
Performs personal care services and assists patients in activities of daily living. Uses skills to perform other related routine services to patients in their homes.
1. Provides personal care and hygiene services to patients in the home setting based on a prescribed plan of care.
· Assists with toileting, bathing, grooming and dressing.
· Assists with appropriate care of skin, teeth and mouth; and prescribed foot-care.
· Changes and makes patient's bed; and keeps immediate area safe and clean.
2. Performs specific treatments with the instruction and supervision of the visiting nurse.
· Measures and records patient's vital signs, intake/output, weight, and urine for sugar, acetone and/or albumin.
· Reinforces dressing and changes simple non-sterile dressing on intact skin.
· Assists with changing collection bags and drainable pouches.
· Reminds patients to perform prescribed exercises taught by appropriate professional personnel, and provides passive ROM exercises.
· Assists with the use of adaptive equipment geared to patient's disability.
· Prepares prescribed diets.
· Applies prescribed hot and cold applications as ordered.
· Assists patient to relearn household skills as established on care plan.
3. Assists with maintenance of patient's personal environment, ensuring patient's safety, nutrition and hydration in accordance with direction or plan of care.
· Organizes and carries out activities according to patient's energy level to enhance recovery.
· Assists patient in moving, eating and drinking.
· Cleans kitchen area of all items used after meal preparation.
· Assures patient has available clean clothing and linens to maintain hygiene.
· Identifies that basic grocery essentials are present to meet patient's special dietary requirements.
· Shops for patient's essential groceries when no other family member is available.
4. Records and submits complete required documentation in accordance with the policies and procedures of the agency.
· Completes documentation according to procedures.
HighSchool Diploma or equivalent, required.
Certificateof completion of a state-approved program offered for Home Health Aides.
CurrentDriver’s License and/or own transportation to maintain caseload, schedule andtravel to clients’ homes.