CACI International Field Systems Engineer in Herndon, Virginia
CACI is seeking dynamic technical professionals who will help us advance the mission of the Intelligence Community for a large Enterprise IT program in Northern Virginia.
CACI provides unmatched Enterprise IT solutions and services that lead our customer’s IT efforts. We are the sole prime on a large enterprise IT vehicle! Our team has expertise in cloud computing solutions, cyber solutions, systems engineering, application development, and data storage.
Consider joining CACI, an industry leader, as we support all facets of our customer’s IT space, including collaboration, desktop, platform, security access and auditing services.
Have a great, innovative idea? We want to hear it. Have a new technology you want to introduce? Our customer is looking for new ways of doing things. Want to move to a new role after a while? We have an “internal assignments panel” within the program to help you define your next career move at CACI. We believe in our customer’s mission, but we also believe in our employees and their career at CACI.
CACI NSS, Inc. has an immediate opportunity for a Systems Administrator to provide cutting edge services within the Intelligence Community.
The Contractor shall provide tier-four sustainment engineering and problem management support for LAN systems, workstations, and peripheral devices (to include both the current system configurations and future systems architecture) worldwide. The Contractor shall provide capacity increases, virtualization and storage support, availability management, service continuity, and ongoing security management activities.
The server engineer provides operations and maintenance support within a large Development and Production Windows Enterprise server environment. Operating systems includes MS Server 2003/2008/2012/2016. Field system experience preferred.
• Server Engineer executes tasks in the following areas: change request, trouble ticket, routine operation and maintenance, and server build.
• Completing Change Requests
• Documenting detailed system build procedures and site transition procedures and maintaining the documentation
• Work directly with Quality Control engineers to ensure documentation accurately captures correct procedures
for system configuration and operational procedures.
• Implementing baseline changes under tech lead oversight
• Respond to assigned change requests that are submitted by “internal” and “external” customers.
• Attending TEMs to discuss and agree upon MOAs –ensure MOA is within scope of server team’s work
• Supporting customer in the development of a dedicated server build report as well as an internal build report
• Creating and/or updating Asset Management records — responsible for integrity of asset management records
• Ensuring build report (procedure) is feasible, clear, and concise.
• Resolving Trouble Tickets
• Providing operational pager duty support
• Performing technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all “supported” servers in response to Help Desk Tickets—which includes but not limited the following activities: Server failures, full system outage.
• Performing server checklist procedure
• Restoring file and data information
• Performing operating system software updates/upgrades
• Creating request for service support (SRS) from internal/external service providers
• Monitoring/supporting server backups
• Coordinating server installations
• Transitioning servers
• Assessing server loads and work with tech lead on developing tuning recommendations
• Requesting hardware replacements
• Submitting Build Reports for routine deliveries and generating requests for planned outages.
• Assisting in server maintenance and special projects, during extended work hours
• Communicating outage/degradation of server to management
• Performing server and storage capacity planning for complex and critical systems.
• Recommending and implementing process and tool improvements to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization's change management and configuration management processes and systems.
• Planning for transition of the development and/or production environment to new technology.
• Recommend and plan server recapitalization. Perform server performance tuning. Baselines and forecasts server performance data and tunes server hardware and software configurations.
• Utilize system software to monitor the performance of system files; manages system data to maintain performance efficiencies.
• Study system requirements to determine proper server installation methods and procedures.
• Answer users' inquiries regarding server performance and operation related to problem resolution.
• Conferring with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
• Conducting server diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
Some opportunities to travel (optional)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor’s degree and seven to nine years of related experience.
Position requires the ability to obtain/maintain a Top Secret / SCI with Polygraph US government security clearance.
Windows Server 2008 R2; Server 2012 R2; Server 2016
VMware virtualization technology
Enterprise Storage technology
8 hour shifts. Rotating pager support for emergencies
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. A Fortune magazine World's Most Admired Company in the IT Services industry, CACI is a member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies, the Russell 2000 Index, and the S&P SmallCap600 Index. CACI provides dynamic careers for over 20,000 employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.