CACI International Systems Engineer in Herndon, Virginia
CACI is seeking dynamic technical professionals who will help us advance the mission of the Intelligence Community for a large Enterprise IT program in Northern Virginia.
C ACI provides unmatched Enterprise IT solutions and services that lead our customer’s IT efforts. We are the sole prime on a large enterprise IT vehicle! Our team has expertise in cloud computing solutions, cyber solutions, systems engineering, application development, and data storage.
Consider joining CACI, an industry leader, as we support all facets of our customer’s IT space, including collaboration, desktop, platform, security access and auditing services.
Designs and develops solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions within a large Linux environment. Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. Experienced systems engineer and administer to provide Linux engineering, software integration and tier three administration in the context of an automated cloud provisioning environment. Additional duties include performing systems administration, maintenance, and engineering in multiple large enterprise server environments (Linux, Red Hat, CentOS).
• Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
• Communicate with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
• Develop system engineering, software engineering, system integration, or distributed system architectures.
• Direct the installation of operating systems, network or application software, or computer or network hardware.
• Direct the analysis, development, and operation of complete computer systems.
• Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
• Establish functional or system standards to ensure operational requirements, quality requirements, and design constraints are addressed.
• Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
• Investigate system component suitability for specified purposes and make recommendations regarding component use.
• Monitor system operation to detect potential problems.
• Perform ongoing hardware and software maintenance operations, including installing or upgrading hardware or software.
• Perform security analyses of developed or packaged software components.
• Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
• Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
• Configure servers to meet functional specifications.
• Work as a team lead or member to evaluate and make tactical and strategic recommendations for the system architecture, architecture of the hardware, communications, data security, messaging, applications, office automation, printing, administration, support, performance, and availability.
• Lead or participate as a member of a team to assess and recommend a migration strategy to new technologies.
• Develop plans for Information Technology (IT) systems from project inception to conclusion.
• Analyze the problem and the information to be processed.
• Define the problem, and develop system requirements and program specifications, from which programmers prepare detailed designs, programs, and tests.
• Evaluate analytically and systematically problems of work flows, organization, and planning and develop appropriate corrective action.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and 12-15 years of related experience.
Position requires the ability to maintain a Top Secret / SCI with Polygraph US government security clearance.
Engineering experience with RedHat Linux, CentOS and variants. Systems engineering and automated tools to include provisioning, patching and compliancy.
Puppet, PHP, Python, Pulp
Red Hat, CentOS, Python, Linux
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. A Fortune magazine World's Most Admired Company in the IT Services industry, CACI is a member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies, the Russell 2000 Index, and the S&P SmallCap600 Index. CACI provides dynamic careers for over 20,000 employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.