Thermo Fisher Scientific Operations Financial Analyst in Hillsboro, Oregon
Job Title: MSD Operations Financial Analyst
Location: Hillsboro, OR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are looking for an Operations Financial Analyst to support the site Operations organization to meet financial and operational targets. The Operations Financial Analyst will provide assistance in accounting and financial reporting on operations finance transactions and provides controlling support to the NA Operations Controller. This role requires experience in operations/cost accounting and will be supporting all departments within Operations including manufacturing, sourcing, logistics and engineering. A successful candidate in this position will have ample opportunity for future career development within Thermo Fisher.
• Month/Quarter end close activities
• Setting and maintaining standard costs
• Performing the annual cost roll
• Capex and Opex tracking and forecasting
• Forecasting and verifying COGS for system shipments
• Assist in the forecasting process
• Assist in financial reporting and analysis
• Assist in the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) process
• Process improvements
• An undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting is required
• A minimum of 2+ years of finance/accounting experience, preferably with cost accounting
• An ideal candidate will possess excellent analytical skills and a strong aptitude in business partnering
• Excellent computer skills, specifically MS Excel, knowledge of QAD is an advantage
• Personable, highly ethical and thrives in a collaborative environment
• Excellent proactive communication skills, both oral and written
• Analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Self-motivated with high bias for action and accountability
• Proven track record to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities, and work under pressure
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.