Kaiser Permanente Women's Health OBGYN - Social Worker in Hillsboro, Oregon
The Social Worker provides comprehensive psychosocial assessments to members. Social work services are designed to support and maximize the member's ability to better direct their own health care experience through the use of assessment and intervention, educational programs, and linkage to health plan and community resources. The Social Worker encourages respect for individuality, independence and patient choice and collaborates on policies and systems that respect the cultural, religions, and ethnic differences among patients and families. Social work contributes to the medical team's understanding of patient beliefs, behaviors, and barriers regarding the member's illness.
Essential Responsibilities: - Uses age appropriate assessment and intervention skills. Able to use a range of interventions, depending upon the needs of the patient/family. - Assists members in developing cost effective, appropriate health care plans through optimizing the member's personal resources as well as community and Kaiser Permanente resources and programs.
Promotes multi-disciplinary care that is patient-centered and considers all aspects of members' personal, psychological, economic, and cultural needs.
Maintains thorough knowledge of Kaiser Permanente services/benefits, public/private community resources, as well as federal/state laws which effect health care planning.
Completes required documentation of services and Social Work plan of care per department policy.
Participates in program development, orientation, and educational activities which further members' capacity to better direct their own health care experience. Qualifications: Basic Qualifications: Experience
- One (1) year of Social Work experience in hospital, medical outpatient clinic, Home Health/Hospice, or long term care setting.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in related environment. Education
- N/A License, Certification, Registration
- Current Oregon AND Washington unrestricted license required (Oregon LCSW, LMSW, CSWA; Washington LASW, CSWA, LCSW, LICSW, LSWAIC). License in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer, application for license in secondary state required within 2 weeks of hire/transfer and must be obtained within 6 months.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required within 90 days of hire/transfer.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required prior to employment start date.
Additional Requirements: - Ability to work effectively on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Three to five (3-5) years of professional Social Work experience in a hospital or medical outpatient clinic, Home Health/Hospice, or long term care setting.
- Working knowledge of KPNW services and benefits
- Expertise with short term counseling interventions.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to a multi-disciplinary team.
- Advanced knowledge of local and national resources related to health care.
COMPANY Kaiser Permanente
TITLE Women's Health OBGYN - Social Worker
LOCATION Hillsboro, OR