Hilton Manager Restaurants & Bars - The Diplomat Beach Resort in Hollywood, Florida
As Manager Restaurants & Bars, you would be responsible for managing, directing and organizing restaurant operations and the activities of the bar to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service.
What will I be doing?
As Manager Restaurants & Bars, you would be responsible for managing, directing and organizing restaurant operations and the activities of the bar to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service.Specifically, aManager Restaurants & Barswould be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Interviews, selects, trains, supervises, counsels and disciplines restaurant and bar staff for the efficient operation of the outlet. Organizes and conducts pre-shift and department meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes. Schedules and directs staff in their work assignments.
- Maximizes restaurants department profitability; implements effective controls of food, beverage, and labor costs and monitors the restaurant’s budget to ensure efficient operations, including achieving budgeted revenue and labor expenses. Ensures par stock levels are maintained [ by calculating inventory, ordering, retrieving and stocking product]. Evaluates cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation. Develops and implements cost saving and profit enhancement measures.
- Maximize bar profitability; implement effective controls of beverage and labor costs and monitor the bar’s budget to ensure efficient operations, including achieving budgeted revenue and labor expenses. Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering, retrieving and stocking product. Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation. Develop and implement cost savings and profit enhancement measures. Maintain established inventory by ordering all liquor and supplies in accordance with business needs and participate in monthly liquor inventories.
- Develop and implement basic operating standards for bar service in compliance with federal, state, local and Hilton's own practices. (e.g. Employee Alcohol Awareness Training and Compliance).
- Utilizes computers to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and draft correspondence. Inputs and retrieves data and changes computer procedures and programs the system accordingly.
- Moves throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take corrective action to ensure food quality and service standards are met. Verifies temperatures, judges appearance and taste of products, and checks preparation methods to determine quality. Provides guidance for improvement and implements necessary adjustments for consistency.
- Regularly reviews and evaluates the degree of customer satisfaction of the restaurant; recommends and implements new marketing and/or operational policies and procedures when necessary to keep up with demand and market changes; investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints. Interacts positively with customers.
- Field customer complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation in order to choose the most effective solutions. Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations. Demonstrate knowledge of third party liability and detect and act upon guest inebriation as trained.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures that relate to the restaurant as well as all local, state and federal laws and regulations; responsible for ensuring cleanliness and proper sanitation of all work and service areas.
- Participates in the development, implementation and marketing of new and creative menus to attract a pre-determined customer market; promotes the cross-selling of other hotel outlets and the company.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Food and Beverage
Title: Manager Restaurants & Bars - The Diplomat Beach Resort
Requisition ID: HOT03RF4