Kaiser Permanente Account Management I in Honolulu, Hawaii
Responsible for retention, increased membership, and the sale of new products and services for existing accounts in assigned book of business to achieve membership, revenue and margin targets. Creates and executes a business plan that positions KP to optimize our opportunities across book of business. Develops and implements marketing/account/book of business strategies which enhance Kaiser Permanente's position in the market. Leads the work of account teams and account support to ensure the execution of effective sales strategies. Develops strategic partnerships to optimize account growth.
Essential Responsibilities: - Develops and executes account and/or book of business plans to ensure attainment of book-specific goals. - Develops open enrollment strategies to achieve growth targets. - Meets or exceeds assigned retention and growth targets for existing accounts in assigned Book of Business. - Positions the organization competitively to ensure optimal membership growth and to protect against losses. - Uses pricing and products to anticipate and to create opportunities for growth, which may include effective use of the revenue investment funds or other alternative options to support business targets. - Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and execute territory and account management sales plans and strategies. - Identifies and prioritizes target accounts, developing specific account plans, and directing daily activities to achieve account goals. - Effectively manages all aspects of the renewal process including administration functions, negotiations and customer presentations. - Obtains, utilizes and accurately analyzes key competitive data for management in a timely manner that facilitates achieving desired account results. - Stays Identifies and analyzes current industry and competitor trends, and applies knowledge of marketplace to account planning processes. - Identifies and coordinates marketing, management and technical resources to achieve existing account sales plan objectives. - Collaborates with Sales Executives/Manager to maintain positive relationships with external stakeholders. - Collaborates with brokers/channel partnerships to develop a strategy to achieve growth targets. - Continuously engages customers and/or channels to understand KP's value from the customers' point of view and strategically align our capabilities to fill their needs. - Ensures that account data is current, accurate and complete on internal sales tracking system(s). - Actively engages in enrollment meetings. - Develops and executes demonstrations and training to teach employers, brokers and/or agency contacts KP online technology to maximize of all KP online tools. - Effectively leverages use of supporting staff including Associate Account Managers to optimize sales execution and time management between membership and employer focused activities.
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications: Experience - Minimum two (2) years of experience in marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships. Education
Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, business administration OR four (4) years of experience in marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships. License, Certification, Registration
- Experience using customer service skills with the ability to articulate and respond to issues.
- Proficiency in computer and analytic skills.
- Proficieny in creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases.
- Experience using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in strong interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Experience with employee group benefits.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast paced. environment and a quick learner of key information.
- Valid Hawaii Producer's Accident and Health Insurance license (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure) (must obtain within 60 days of hire date).
- If Occupational Health: No license requirements.
- One (1) year of experience in sales, account management or health plan administration, in the health care industry.
- One (1) year of experience in underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
- Background experience in brokerage/consultant, insurance carrier, TPA, or benefits administration provides an advantage.
COMPANY Kaiser PermanenteTITLE Account Management ILOCATION Honolulu, HIREQNUMBER 603925
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.