HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Behavioral Health Manager, DAYS in Hopewell, Virginia
The Case Management/Utilization Review Manager in conjunction with the Program Director coordinates all aspects of Case Management, Program and UR functions in the Department.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO :
· Manages all aspects of Case Management, Clinical Programs, Clinical Treatment and UR including, but not limited to, best practice initiatives; treatment planning; compliance with all regulations; FTE management; and referrals to the continuum.
· Proactively manages outcome measures, patient satisfaction, HBIPS and other important monthly processes.
· Actively assesse and reassesses departmental needs and provides strategies for change.
· Integral part of the management team working closely with other manager especially with referral development in the continuum.
· Provides monthly reports as determined, including UR and Case Management data.
· Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by verbal or written instructions.
· Follows established policy and procedures in performing job functions.
· Interacts and communicates with others in a way that promotes a positive and cooperative work environment.
· Demonstrate effective problem solving skills, channels concerns appropriately and demonstrate the ability to provide input, suggestions and support
· Demonstrates ability to set priorities and demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work practices.
· Ensures patient rights and confidentiality.
· Able to assess and reassess needs of patients.
· Works collaboratively with hospital departments to assist managing behavioral health assessment needs.
· Participates as an active member of the multidisciplinary team.
· Coordinates and participates with appropriate interested parties and physicians through the patient referral inquiry, admission, treatment and discharge process.
· Performs other duties as assigned by Program Director.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Posses a thorough knowledge of current behavioral health concepts, principles and methods of treatment.
· Possess good communication skills verbal and written.
· Possess good organization skills and be able to act on multiple tasks.
· Understand and be able to train on all the state and federal standards regarding behavioral health assessment, petition, medical screening and patient rights.
· Required:Graduation from an accredited College or University.
- Prefer 1-3 years experience in a behavioral healthcare setting performing clinical assessments or in a clinical treatment setting. Prefer 1-3 years experience with Utilization Review.
Required: Licensed in the State of Virginia as an LCSWor LPC
· Preferred: Licensed in the State of Virginia as an LCSW
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Position requires ability to lift up to 25lbs and travel multiple hours per week in the offsite clinical assessments of patients. Work is indoors and outdoors.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Behavioral Health Manager, DAYS
Location: Virginia-Hopewell-John Randolph Medical Center - Hopewell
Requisition ID: 02699-37124