HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Collector in Houston, Texas
Job Summary –The Collector is responsible for performing account follow-up and resolution of insurance and patient receivables.
Duties (included but not limited to):*
Work insurance pools and contact insurance companies to resolve claims that are not paid in a timely manner
Review EOB’s, remits and payer correspondence in the course of performing account follow-up and escalate any identified issues to the appropriate area for review and response to expedite claim resolution.
Identify problem accounts and escalate as appropriate
Maintain compliance with pool completion requirements
Maintain required productivity and QA standards
Document in the patient account record to identify actions taken on the account
Work with patients and guarantors resolve payer requests and discrepancies to promptly resolve pending claims.
Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement" and all policies and procedures related to the Collections department.
Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES *
* * Communication * - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
* * Customer orientation * - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
* * Interpersonal skills * - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
* * PC skills * - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
* * Policies & Procedures * - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
* * Basic skills * - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
- Minimum one year related experience required, preferably in healthcare. Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.
Location: Texas-Houston-Shared Services - Houston
Requisition ID: 08948-132225